KITTEN

THEA'S POV

My eyes fluttered open and I winced at the sudden brightness that hit my eye. After a few seconds when my vision cleared, I looked around. And surprisingly, I was still in the scary guy's office. My head wasn't pounding like before. It felt okay, with just a slight tinge of pain. My body however still felt numb and I felt weak. As I tried to get up, a growl echoed in the room.

"Don't move" the voice growled. It was the scary guy. I was panicking and I guess he knew. He suddenly appeared from the dark and HOLY COW, this guy was tall. Almost like a pole. A 6ft 4 inches tall poll. I had to tilt my neck in an awkward position to look up at him as he approached me.

I cowered in fear as I saw a gun in his hand

I cowered in fear as I saw a gun in his hand. I pressed myself even more, into the sofa. The room was awfully quiet. The only thing that could be heard was my heavy breathing. It was almost deafening.

The guy knelt down to my level and whispered

"If you move, I will put a bullet in you. If you speak unless spoken to, I will put a bullet in you. If you lie, I will put a bullet in you. Clear котенок ?" (kitten)

I froze. 

"Make me repeat myself and I will put a bullet in you" the man growled

This seemed to have broken me out of my trance. I nodded not wanting a bullet in me.

"Look up" He growled again. His voice was so threatening, I almost peed myself. Weren't you thinking of drooling over that voice, my subconscious nudged. I internally rolled my eyes at myself.

"Did I not make myself clear?" He growled. Taking a deep breath, I looked up and stared right into his eyes. Wow Thea, super bold. The one time in your life, you actually make eye-contact with someone that's not Lila is your kidnapper. Good going.

"Now I am going to ask you a few questions and if you lie.."

" Ya you shoot me. Got it" I cut him off not wanting to hear the threat again. He stared at me for a few seconds before speaking

" Where is Lila Williams?" Straight to the point.

"I don't know" I whispered

And suddenly he points a gun at me. My eyes widened

"What? I am serious. I don't know where she is. Last time I saw her was when I tucked her drunk ass in bed" I spoke hurriedly. The man stared at me, as if looking for any lie. There wasn't. It was very true that I put her to bed after she decided to take a break from work and go partying. Next morning, I woke up and was making breakfast when the three men slammed my door down.

"Do you know where she might have gone?" he asked again

I shook my head. Lila works with the police. There is a lot of confidentiality that comes with her job. I barely know anything about her profession.

" You better not be lying to me," he threatened. "Your detective friend will be in a lot of trouble when I find her. She put one of my men in jail. Her impulsive judgment has cost me a lot"

"Wh... What kind of tro... trouble?" I managed to ask. Stupid Thea, stupid, stupid Thea. How many times have you been told to not get curious. Someday you will get yourself killed.

Suddenly I felt the tip of his gun against my forehead. Well that someday is today I guess. I closed my eyes and braced myself for pain but nothing came. I peeked from my right eye to see what was happening and I swear all the air from lungs escaped my body. The guy's face was so close to mine. Just a little movement and our lips would be touching. 

Thea get your virgin ass out of the gutter. Please. This guy has a gun pointed at you for the love of god.

"The kind of trouble that pretty girls' like you never get into. It normally involves a lot of pain, torture and blood" he whispered, sadistically

I blinked my eyes and my lips puckered like a fish. I wanted to say something. I wanted to stand up for my friend. Tell him that she is only doing her job, but nothing came out of my mouth. His face came even closer.

"Anything else котенок ?" (kitten)

"Can I leave? I swear I won't tell anyone about what happened. I mean I don't even know any of your names so please just let me go. If you have a problem with how Lila investigated her case, you should talk to her in the precinct. Like a civil person" I whispered the last part not wanting to anger him

"No you cannot leave. Not until I have a word with Ms. Williams. And about not knowing names,"

 He paused for a second as if contemplating whether or not he should tell me what he is gonna tell me next. Seems like he is not an overthinker like me, because the very next second he speaks

"Xander. Xander Ivanov" 

                                     -----------------------------------------------------------------

PS: I DO NOT OWN ANY PICTURES USED IN THE STORY