7

Monday, 4:30 pm, 11/5/18

"I like waffles, do you like waffles? or are you the smooth ass pancake type of guy?" Mason shoots, looking through the menu, using the laminated side of the to pick on his nails.

"You must like cake, I mean, you changed your name to it looooool." He hits his palm on the table, snickering as Blake looked at him pursing his lips, not entirely concerned by his behavior, in the few minutes that he'd known him, this weird up front that he kept was not an up front, but him in general.

"I'm lactose intolerant." He answers, not caring for the wrong use of name.

Noah sighed, looking away from them, facing the window and taking out his phone, and going through a few of his messages, his group chat had been exploding as usual, he had them muted, he couldn't stand their unnecessary bullshit all the time.

A few messages were pending from unknown numbers, Mason kept leaking his numbers to his one night stands, and the rest were just Mason's peace sign pictures and exclamation marks that he got kicked in the balls by Russian girl he fucked and found very sexy and he knows they're soulmates.

The cafe's door had constantly been ringing every few minutes, he assumed that it was very popular, but this time, when the bell chimed, he didn't look up, but he smelt the sweetened maple syrup, the hint of vanilla essence in the air.

He's always had a thing for sweet things.

"Dairy free cake, duh." He counters.

Blake just let out a hum, agreeing with him and letting his eyes skim over the menu.

"So, what are you studying?"

"Stuff, a bit of this and a bit of that." He doesn't elaborate further.

A waitress runs over to them, slightly panting and bringing the notepad up, the pen out of her bun.

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting, have you decided what you would like to order?" She asks, a sickly sweet voice, a melody playing in everyone's ears.

Noah instantly stiffens, the eyes he had trailed on the phone, focusing on his messages got blurry and hazy. His head still on the other side from where the waitress had been, he turns his head to look at her.

She was busy writing down Mason's order.

"And I think you can give me something for keeping us waiting," He flirts, "can't you?"

"Excuse me." She stops writing on her pad and raises her head, staring at him and then letting her eyes look behind him.

Mason yelps, jumping on his seat and his casted arm bumping on the table, making him hiss louder.

He glares at Noah, who puts his face in his hand, trying his best to hide himself, "What the fuck man?" he seethes, "I'm not in the mood for it right now."

Noah slouches deeper in his seat.

"Hi Adelyn," Blake greets her, they had a a class together and were paired together in groups a few times, "can you write down some scrambled eggs with fried bacon and a garlic toast?"

She nods, looking away and writing that down and then waits for the other man to order.

"Uh, Black coffee, no sugar."

'You used to hate bitter stuff when we were dating, did you lie about that too? Who am I kidding, you can't hate you're own personality.'

When she walks away, sticking the pen back in her bun, she hears the man who was flirting her, "Don't you hate black coffee?" She didn't stay long enough to hear what he'd say, he would've mumbled anyways.