17

The wind has subsided by the next day and it was sunny again, not Blythe's life, but at least the weather was shining brighter.

She breathed in and out, jazzing her hands before turning around the corner to get where Adelyn was staying.

There was a separate room that was prepared for her and her brother, but she chose not to acknowledge it at all, and she stayed close to her mother.

With no guards on duty, she assumed Noah must have told them to take some time off while he was in there.

She knocks on the door and waits a second before opening the door, but she doesn't see anything with a back covering her view.

"How long do you think she'll take before waking up?" She hears Adelyn's worriful tone, "It's been two days!"

Barely acknowledging Noah, she shoves him to the side, taking him by surprise, and stands next to the doctor, who stood there, looking unsure himself.

Not wanting to cause a scene, he does nothing.

"She's pregnant! She needs to wake up!" Adelyn cries and Blythe finally takes a look at her and her heart felt weird.

She felt a weird sensation in her chest of it being squeezed.

Not even 10 days of sleep could get rid of the dark circles she was carrying, she needed a whole lot of concealer to get rid of those and the sudden breakouts on her chin and forehead.

Her lips were pale, her eyes were wide and erratic, it was just a day before she was fine and going to her brother's kindergarten and suddenly she looked as if she'd aged 30 years more.

"I'm sorry, there isn't much I can do, for now you just have to wait, the drug dosage given to her was a lot and we pumped out as much as we could," the doctor wiped his forehead, nervous with the eyes on him, "she threw up in her sleep as well, but this is how far I can go, she has to wake up on her own."

"Listen, doctor, she has a child, she has me, and a fetus." Adelyn closes her eyes, "my father isn't here, so I'm the guardian, I need to know."

She walks around the bed and ignoring Blythe, she looks straight at the doctor, "Are there chances of a miscarriage?"

After a few seconds of pause, just silence that was eating Adelyn up, he replies, sighing, "Yes."

She felt her heartbreak at that moment.

She'd known that her parents had miscarriaged a few times, but it wasn't so...real back then.

The reasons were natural causes, not drugged and smacked in the head.

Kai hadn't known. Kai wasn't even with her. Kai was in his playroom that Mason had prepared for him and taken him to while she talked to the doctor.

Blythe places her hand on Adelyn's shoulder and she goes frigid.

"Okay, thank you, you can leave now."

The door had only closed when Adelyn jerks away from Blythe's touch, grabbing onto her mother's hand.

"I have one guard dog enough, I don't need both of you in the room with me." Adelyn sighs, she'd been exhausted, from getting calls and texts from her dad and explaining how much of a klutz she is and whoops she was panicking over nothing to taking care of her mother and Kai.

"Even she knows you're a bitch." Noah hisses and tugs on Blythe's hair.

"Funny you say, I bet she still prefers a bitch like me over your stupid sorry ass." She glares back at him and being the considerate friend she is, didn't shout and lose her temper like she usually would have.