13

Sunday 16/5/18, 2:46 pm

"You absolute assholes, is that how you save people?"

"Sorry we aren't all firefighters" Noah comments from his place and deadpans at Blythe, making her contemplate if stabbing him again would be professional or not.

"No, you're just sorry excuses for men that scare women by letting them assume the worst for their lives!"

Mason's head snaps up to look at Blythe, and Noah knew that he and the rest of the few guys there should leave before the worst happened.

"Ok," Mason slams the files he had in his hands down, "get out."

When no one made a move, too confused, he screams, "Non sono stato chiaro!?" (Did I not make myself clear!?)

"What? Can't hear criticisms on how you ridiculously handle things?" Blythe spits.

With Blythe's fiery gaze and Mason's stare too busy competing for dominance, Noah gathers everyone and leads them out, closing the door on the way.

Mason stands up from his seat and walks forward, his steps were threatening and slow, taking Blythe by surprise and her resolve falters and she stumbles back, he seemed different.

"I don't know what the fuck you're on about," he mutters, finally breaking the silence, and cornering her against the door.

When she tries to leave, he grabs her neck and pushes her back, "But if I hear you throw around baseless accusations about me or my men again, I won't be as lenient as I usually am."

He stood flush against her, he could feel the fear and her heartbeat, the worry she had for herself at that moment.

Mason wasn't someone who scared Blythe all that easily, but as she looked at his eyes, all she could see was herself, no emotions or empathy.

Just her reflection.

"I have a limit to tolerating whatever shit you say to me, I let you off because I like you but that does not mean I'll let you disrespect and insult me all the fucking time, especially not in front of people who work for me nor about them. Understood?" Mason tightened his fingers around Blythe's throat when she didn't respond, and she nods quickly, scared of what he might do.

He shakes his head, while one of his hand was still holding her neck, he wraps the other around her hair, pulling it so she's face to face with him, "Look me in the fucking eye and say it, I take verbal responses." He orders.

She gulps, usually she'd easily get away from him, but she couldn't move, and usually, she would tell him to fuck himself, but she wanted to listen to him instantly.

"I...Ok, I understand, I'm sorry." She tries pushing away, but he keeps her rooted, staring down at her for a second.

"Good girl." He then pats her cheek and leaves her shocked.

Who. Was. That.

~

Adelyn jolts up, from where she was laid on the bed, looking around her surroundings in a hurry and trying to get the blanket on her off of her, but she just ended up getting stuck.

She wasn't room.

This wasn't her bed.

Kai wasn't with her.

She got on her feet, throwing the blanket on the bed frustrated, and looked around for her phone, or a clock or a calendar to know what time it was, what day it was.