19

"Hey, wake up." Several pats are delivered to Blake's cheek.

He moans, struggling to open his eyes while he tries to move his arms from behind him until he realizes that he can't move them.

"You're not recording some whimpering audio pornstar, open up your eyes."

When Blake opens his eyes, squinting when a singular bright light hits his vision to get a clear view, he sees Mason crouched in front of him on the floor.

"Wakey wakey, dairy product!" he exclaims, "I hope you had fun with your wet dream with the amount of times you were moaning." He slaps Blake's shoulder.

Mason had forcefully kept Blythe and Noah out of the room, he hated personal life interfering with work, and he hated someone ruining his fun.

What was even special about the Adelyn bitch that both of them were so protective and obsessed over?

"Wanna tell me why you were snooping around us, agent?"

Blake doesn't respond, his head lulling from side to side.

Mason lets out an irritated sigh, rolling his sleeves up and grabs the boy's collars and pulling him forward.

"I wasn't snooping around you." He spits, the blood on his nose from hours ago now dry and all the way down to his chin, "My work has nothing to do with you."

"Ah, ah, ah." Mason pouts mockingly, throwing the boy back on the ground, "That's not what your files said."

"I told you! That wasn't my place!" He shouts, saliva dripping from his mouth and his eyes red.

"Calm down, rabid dog." Mason warns calmly, pushing his hair back, "I'm not asking much, answer me like a normal human being.

"Why were you stalking Adelyn?"

Mason sits back on his chair, staring down at Blake. Blake that was tied up and helpless. Blake that could die any minute at the hands on Mason.

"Stalking? I'm protecting her." He scoffs, like those words are cursed, "I'm not the stalker you're after."

A long hum is heard, "Humor me then, who is stalking her?"

"I- I don't know." Blake drops his head in defeat, "I was just sent to protect her."

A thing about Mason, he loved listening to all the excuses people would give him. Before they would die, all they would hear, all they could think of would be the reason they died.

Mason and the pathetic fucking excuses they would give.

"She's been on the black market list for two years now." Blake says and that makes Mason pause.

He sticks his tongue in his cheek, staring at the Agent that intensely. He didn't care she was on the market. Hell he could care less, she was a fucking nuisance to him, that's what she was.

The only good thing about her was her little brother that had, unfortunately, had a lot to say about her.

And they were good things. 

That, and the fact that Blythe would murder him if he let Adelyn out into the open.

He just shrugs at Blake and his hands go up to his sides, "So what? Is she the President's daughter or something?"

"Or something." He sasses back.

That's when the door bursts open, the broken lock hitting the wall.

Adelyn rushes in, her feet hitting the floor in a hurry and she kicks Blake and he falls on his back, groaning and coughing in pain.