20

Adelyn's mother woke up the next day and started hysterically screaming. 

Mason jotted it down to the Zak family being a bunch of weirdos and overdramatic. 

"My baby! What happened! Where's my baby!" She yells, rolling around on the bed as Adelyn tries to calm her down, and grab her arm but she snatches her hand away as if she were burnt. 

Adelyn steps back, pursing her lips and looking away for a second. 

"Mom." She says, "Mom!" This time shouting, her face all red and frustrated. 

"You're fine. The baby is fine. Kai is fine." She didn't know who she meant when she started crying for her baby. "He's sleeping right now in his room." 

Not at home, lol.

Her mother calms down slightly, breathing ragged and nose red from all the crying, "I'm fine." She repeats nodding her head and placing a hand on her belly that wasn't evident, but it was there. The baby was there. The baby was fine. 

"What happened?" 

The fuck if I know.

Adelyn hesitates and gently grabs her hand and pats her hair comfortingly, "I don't know, I think you fainted because of your sugar or you overworked too much. I woke up and I saw you laying on the kitchen floor." She tells her all that Blythe and Mason rehearsed with her. 

Her mother shakes her head, her eyebrows frowning, "No no no no, someone was....someone was there and they-they hit my head." 

"No one was there Mama," Adelyn reassures her and kisses her forehead, "Papa and I kept telling you that you shouldn't work too much during your first trimester because of last time with Kai but you didn't listen."

"Addy." Her mother pleads with wide eyes staring up at her, she thought she was going crazy. Adelyn had to gulp down the urge to vomit and confess to her mother that she isn't, she isn't crazy. There was some crazy stalker in the house that almost killed her and kidnapped her. 

"You're ok," She says one last time and smiles down at her, "I promise, I'll keep a hawk's eye on you now and take care of you." 

"This," She looks around the room, "this isn't the hospital." 

Adelyn gulps, staring at the camera above in front of her and sighs. "No, it's a friend's house...she insisted."

"Is she rich or something?" Her mother stares at her, "How much did all of this cost? we'll pay her back, Adelyn, how could you take advantage of your friend like this? I feel like I've burdened her now."

"No, Mom," Telling her that Adelyn herself was unconcious would mean- what actually did happen- that she was taken by force, but she couldn't worry her mother, "she insisted, and she went out for work right now, but I'll tell her to meet us back at home."

Adelyn stroked her mother's hair once more, "I'll take care of you." 

She wasn't going to let her out of sight. 

~

"Did she take care of her mother?" Mason asks as he pushes his hair back and lays a hand over his forehead. He leans back into the chair he sat on, almost pushing it back that he would fall. 

Blythe pushes her glasses up her nose, her maroon colored nails slowly being painted one by one in concentration as she sat on the edge of his bed. 

Her glare pierces through his skin, "She's not some fucking caretaker, asshole." 

"I never asked for what her job is, did I?" Mason smiles sarcastically at her, "asshole."

Grabbing the open nail polish, she fake throws it at Mason who flinches and hides behind his arms, "Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!" 

"That's what I thought." She smirks, sitting back down and focuses on her right hand, "She talked to her mom, I watched the security footage and she didn't say anything out we didn't talk about. They went back home but Noah's with them." She tells him. 

"Fucking stalker." She mutters, that man was probably hiding in Adelyn's bushes and being her little bitch from there rather than owning up to whatever mistakes he made.

Mason walks over and sits next to her, taking the brush from her, "Don't talk out of your ass like you know him." He takes her hand and silently starts applying the maroon color on her nails, blowing each time he finishes.

Blythe didn't know if it was her nails being colored or her cheeks. She could feel the heat rising up all the way to her ears. 

"You were doing two layers, yeah?" His dark eyebrows were in a furrow as he stared at her nails in attentiveness. 

Slowly, she nods her head, letting out a hum. That was all she could say with how every other word was nowhere to be founded, how her voice had betrayed her and suddenly she was mute, how her heart thudded so hardly that it was shaking her whole body. 

"What was that?" He looks up and she sees the gleam in his dark eyes, they always peered at her like she was some joke to him. The amusement and smirks upon her arrival would boil her blood, why was he always smiling like he knew something she didn't?

It irked her and the need to stab a spoon through him grew with every moment that passed between them. 

"Yes." She says, "Are you fucking deaf?"

"Want to scream in my ear and test that out?" He pulls her and leans closer, brushing her nose against hers. 

Raising a finger to his chest, she stops him. "I'm doing nothing with you if my nails are getting ruined in the process, now do the second layer." Mason sits back and kisses his teeth and rolls his eyes, finishing his work on her nails.

~

this was so short but ill try to do more and longer chapters 

slowburn love story? or slowburn cause the author updates once every two months?