CHAPTER XI

To say that Aku was put off by his so-called cousin would be an understatement

It had nothing to do with Cordelia's looks. In fact, as someone who knew how to appreciate beauty, Aku could assert how beautiful the woman was. Her skin was flawless alabaster, smooth and cold to the touch like high-quality porcelain. Her hair, gently curling at the ends, was a mesmerizing shade of violet, a trait inherited from her father's clan: the Vibora. And her eyes, her most redeeming feature, were emerald green, deep and bottomless as they filled themselves with endless lust and greed.

As an "Eye Connoisseur," Aku enjoyed how her pupils shifted from oval to thin slits whenever the woman's mood flared. It was the perfect manifestation of her Vibora origins.

But he digressed.

Aku disliked his cousin because she was the only hope for his race to strive if he wanted the First Blood to come back to life. What Aku loathed was the idea of copulating with the woman to ensure the survival of his species.

Now, do not get him wrong, Aku wasn't against women.

He didn't hate the idea of sleeping with one, either to satiate his lust or because he fancied the girl. Aku simply couldn't bear how much Cordelia reminded him of that whore that gave him two mutts to call his children.

Nevertheless, as an accomplished diplomat and someone who nurtured ambitions, Aku saw no loss in trying to acquaint himself with his dear cousin.

If needed, he'd steal her eggs and have them artificially inseminated or something. No one really needed to know how the child came to be so long as it preserved the Founders from disappearing.

What's more, Karlheinz's First Wife, Cordelia, had access to information regarding the Vampire Clan that Aku could not find anywhere else. She was an important piece, a pivotal character that could very well tilt the power scale if given too much but also wreak havoc if not given enough.

Cordelia was a rose. A gorgeous flower with inviting petals and dangerous thorns, but one that needed special care and attention lest it wilted or turned into weed.

So there he was, sitting under one of the Sakamaki's rose garden's gazebo, a cup of tea sitting in front of him as he graced the female Vibora with a ghost of a smile.

Aku did not care if Cordelia turned against her paternal clan or her Husband's. He'd use her until she destroyed herself or got destroyed by outside influences.

 He'd use her until she destroyed herself or got destroyed by outside influences