CHAPTER XVII

"Good evening, Aku-sensei

"Good evening, Aku-sensei."

A sultry voice, a beguiling whisper from one of the most enticing creatures of this realm, slithered its way to the Founder's ears. Like an elegant snake, sharp fangs dripping with the sweetest poison, ready to bite and tear into his flesh at the slightest hesitation.

Golden eyes darkened under the shade of blond lashes, a flash of burning crimson flashing through the Founder's irises before the pair of piercing eyes flickered to look into dark leather-brown orbs.

The Founder blinked, his gaze holding the impertinent stare with a hint of disdain.

"Reinhart, was it?" Aku articulated, earning himself a complacent grin. The First Blood's gaze swept over the institution's nurse, acknowledging the way the long white coat draped over the male's toned figure in an almost ethereal way.

"Reinhart-sensei," the man swiftly corrected, eyes brimming an amused light from the way the Founder refrained his annoyance.

"Of course," Aku drawled, head lolling to the left. His eyes fell to his side, taking note of the long arms encaging him against his desk. "Reinhart-sensei," he reiterated.

The taller of the two grinned, lips morphing into a broad Cheshire smile, entertainment prominent in his aura. Reinhart hummed, satisfied. Laziness coated the undertone of his voice, and he leaned down.

Casually, as if he had done so millions of times, the man with chestnut locks of hair brought the tip of his nose closer to the other's neck. He nestled inside of the crook of it, nose brushing against cadaver-cold skin before inhaling the blond's fragrance.

Aku remained unbothered, as cool as the most divine marble status. He stayed motionless, seemingly unaware of the close proximity or the breathing fanning at his neck, waves of heat colliding with his freezing skin.

The Founder blinked, bored. His lips, a flattened line like mountain ranges falling prey to a shower of bombs, reflected his lack of empathy. Golden eyes dimmed under his uncaring nature, the lack of warmth in his being manifesting itself through the window to his soul.

Abissimal darkness.

A low chuckle, a rumble from the depth of the man's throat, struck. It rolled off of the individual's tongue with ease, accompanying his motion as he leaned back from Aku's neck to tower over the First Blood's disinterested form.

Golden eyes flicked upwards to stare into calculative leather-brown eyes.

The line of the male's lips curved, morphing into a devious smirk, taunting light gleaming in the depth of his warm-colored irises, a flash or burning crimson coursing through them.

"And here I thought you would have gotten a head start, Aku," the voice whispered, coiling around the Founder's form with the intent to suffocate. "Yet you are still the same as before. Not an ounce of your essence has changed."