How

My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when the Avatar kept balance between the world. But that all changed when the Fire Nation attacked. Only the Avatar mastered all four elements. Only he could stop the ruthless firebenders. But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

Twice...

We failed. We failed the world when sozins comet passed and Phoenix King Ozai won...

And the world hasn't been the same since.

A hundred years have passed and the Fire Nation is nearing victory in the War, that was until the avatar returned and was able to fight against the fire nation with my brother and I, gaining allies and gaining troops, and friends.

But the day of sozins comet, he disappeared again. And the fire nation won, the world was thrown into chaos when Ozai destroyed the earth kingdom, leading his soldiers to kill innocent lives.

My friends and family were separated when we tried to fight against the fire nation, my brother, a blind earth bender and the leader of a group of highly skilled warriors tried fighting against the air ships that held the destroyers.

The prince of the fire nation and I invaded the fire palace to try taking down the second born of the Phoenix kings, who would've been the next fire lord.

But we all failed.

Some people believe that the Avatar was never killed, that he's out there still but we've searched... But I havent lost hope. I still believe that somehow, the Avatar will return to save the world.

But that was eight years ago.

And I haven't seen any of my friends in five years.

Suki left to be with her people on kyoshi island.

Sokka joined our father and the water tribes that fought together against the fire nation now that the earth kingdom has lost almost over half of its population.

Toph went to join the earth kingdoms rebellion with the soldiers from omashu and those who joined us in the invasion of black sun. Many lost their homes but not their courage to fight.

Zuko... no ones seen Zuko in five years, he's written to us, I saw him and he's... not the same. Fire benders are shamed and have been killed if they've been found on earth kingdom land but those who disagree with the king are also killed.

We've all had a complicated history. Ever since Aang left us. And no ones taken the lost of the war easily.

It's like the world's an apocalypse and we're all just surviving.