Intruder

The group just stayed at the air temple for the night where it was safe, they weren't the most talkative with the disappointment not being able to find Aang once again, Katara accepted they had to move on with the war without him if they ever wanted the war to end.

Suki apologized for yelling and Katara apologized for her actions as well, including to her brother. Zuko and Toph were pleased that she was going to start healing after all these years.

"Do you think she'll tell Sokka too?" Toph whispered as she and Zuko sat side by side.

"She can, she doesn't have too," Zuko had his arms crossed.

"I thought you guys made up?" She frowned a little.

"We talked but nothings going to change, I'm not going to force her to come home with me to fulfill the parental role, Katara isn't meant to stay at home and be just a mother, she's so much more than that," Zuko whispered understanding more now and was just glad they weren't going to have so much built up anger.

"Kataras was stuck at the South Pole majority of her life, I wouldn't make her stay somewhere she doesn't want to be," he shrugged and she pursed her lips.

"I think you guys would've been happy together, You have something with each other I don't feel with a lot of other couples," Toph touched the earth gently.

"We're not a couple," he stated.

"I know, but there was passion between you two," she nudged him and he blushed a little looking down.

"So You still have feelings?" She felt his heart through the earth.

"No, nothings going to be like how it use too, neither of us will," he whispered and Toph kept her mouth shut this time. She could tell neither of them were ready to even be close to trying again.

"I'm glad you guys at least made up," she nodded.

Zuko stayed quiet as he watched the fire with a calm face. It's been almost five years since Katara left them but seeing her again, it was easier, it's almost like the world made sense again with her there. He truly missed having his best friend with him but he felt like this was closure. An apology was enough for him.

"You know the twins birthday is coming up, they'll be turning five," Zuko mumbled with Toph still listening.

"I think they want a big birthday party, with all their family," he scratched the side of his face a little.

"Aw are You inviting us to your kids birthday party?" Toph cooed with a cackle.

"I guess," he smiled a little.

"I'll be there, is it a present kind of thing too?" She punched his arm again smiling brightly.

"Do what you want, they have a lot of things already," Zuko looked away still embarrassed.

"Auntie tophs got it," she kept a proud smile excited to be more involved. She liked her friends unfortunately, she wanted to be with the gang again, being alone was so boring. And those boys were great entertainment.

During the night the fire was put out while they slept for the five night together now. The temple had something protective and soothing along with it, they felt at ease with staying somewhere abandoned. It was quiet and the tension with each other was slowly starting to slip.

Toph felt something under the earth and woke up with a start. She touched her palm to the ground as she sat up frowning.

"Psst," she hissed at the older ones sleeping.

"Sugar tits," Toph whispered to the closest one.

"Katara," she threw a small rock at her and Katara groaned glaring when she woke up.

"Get the others up," Toph slowly got to her feet and Katara realized she was seriously.

She walked over to wake Zuko and covered his mouth to silence him, motioning over to Toph he looked over seeing how alert the youngest was.

"Get Sokka and Suki up," Katara whispered to him taking her hand back.

Zuko crawled to his feet and looked over his shoulder feeling eyes on them.

"Toph," Zuko kicked a pebble in the direction of where he felt something creepy. She nodded. That's all he needed.

Zuko kicked a sharp foot of fire that speared to the stone halls as Sokka and Suki were startled awake, Katara and Toph ran after the fire ahead and saw a figure.

"Toph You got it?" Katara glared sprinting with her full speed. The figure blocked the fire.

"Shit it's a fire bender," she hissed and bended water to shoot multiple ice shards at it.

They met at the end of the tunnel, Zuko ran after them with a palm of fire and Sokka and Suki behind him.

"Was someone there?" Zuko held his palm high to light the halls.

"I saw someone, fire bender," Katara looked around confused. They were gone.

Toph backed up towards the wall, only to twist her body with a high fist and slammed into the wall hearing another scream of fear and pain in the wall. Toph dragged a figure out of the wall where they hid and held them by their throat.

"Oh I'm going to beat your ass," Toph whispered wide eyes and kicked the person in the chest and sent them flying. Only for them to be caught by metal straps that wrapped around them.

"Wow nice trap," Suki whistled impressed but Katara could see tophs expression. Like she just saw a ghost.

Her heart dropped.

Katara ran over to the intruder as the moon lit the camped area. It was a brunette with shaggy long hair and wide grey eyes full of terror.

"What the fuck.. Aang?" She whispered with her voice breaking.

"Uh hey.. hey Katara," he offered with an awkward smile.