Chit chat

Zuko walked to the tent his children directed him too and saw Ren laying on the ground with his face in a pile of pillows.

"Hey buddy," he rubbed his neck nervously.

"I hate everything," Rens voice was muffled by the pillow.

"Isamu?" Zuko cringed.

"Oh my god it was so bad papa, he thinks I'm a total loser!" He whined dramatically and kicked his feet a little.

Zuko sighed softly and sat next to his son on the ground and touched the top of his head.

"You know uncle Sokka told me he talks about you all the time, says your the best fire bender he's ever met," Zuko said softly rubbing his shoulder.

"Ugh that doesn't mean anything, I was trained by you and grandpa, plus it's not the same as if rumi saying that about aito," Ren flopped over onto his back.

"Aito likes rumi?" Zuko hummed amused.

"Hey I liked Isamu first, my problems first please," he looked up at him flatly.

"Sorry sorry, continue, so what happened?" Zuko put his hands up.

"I blacked out I dont even know, I'm a total loser dork!" Ren sighed.

"Ren, you have a crush, only solution is to tell this boy how you feel and he might even like you back, Sokka will not leave this poor kid alone," Zuko smiled down at him.

"I can't do that are You crazy?!" Ren sat up immediately.

"I was around your age when I asked your mom out, who knows Isamu could be your soulmate," he faced the teen as Ren rolled his eyes.

"You and mom banged and dated after, she confessed to you first, don't lie to me, I'm 16 not stupid," Ren tilted his head to the side.

"It was different we were traveling and very stressed- that's not the point! You're the one that can't speak to your crush," Zuko waved him off making Ren groan.

"This is great advice," the teen nodded.

"I've only had two girlfriends, I'm not great with relationship advice, I'm lucky your mom even wanted to go out with me, I was worst than You, go ahead and ask the others, uncle would've told you about how horrible I was with women," he shrugged and Ren snorted.

"You're fucked when aito comes by," the golden eye teen nodded.

"Okay, Ren, my lovely child, my first born I think, you like this boy right? Your going to be awkward and a little shy with him but you have so much to offer, you got good looks, your a talented bender and fighter, your so so funny and kid Ren, there's no reason for him to not like you back," Zuko chuckled softly with a kind smile.

"What if he doesn't like boys? He's water tribe, they're old school," Ren whispered worried.

"Your water tribe too, and if he says no, we'll go into the next town and go get some desserts and eat our troubles away, that offer will stand until your ready," he nodded. Ren pursed his lips and whined a little but agreed.

"But I have a good feeling he thinks your a pretty cool guy, I think I heard he wants to hang out more," Zuko sighed standing up as Ren watched wide eyes.

"Also don't say fuck around your siblings, once niata starts cussing around us next im going to go grey," he wiped off his pants and helped his son up.

"Your like only 30," Ren frowned.

"Spirits don't remind me, don't even think about saying that to your mother, it's worst than fuck, but I'll give you money if you say it to Toph," Zuko wrapped an arm around his sons shoulders to walk back outside. They couldn't hide away forever.

"Papa aangs back," nia run over to them, she ran up and hugged him around the waist and Zuko smiled hugging her back.

"Thank you, have you done your training? Mai is around if you wanna go back to trying that," Zuko asked touching the top of her head.

"Yea that's what I need is playing the knife game again," niata rolled her eyes, Ren pulled her off as she groaned.

"I got it, have fun with master avatar," Ren smiled as Zuko smiled back when he started to walk to the tent for the meeting.

He walked in and saw the bald monk sitting with momo on his shoulder, Katara scooted over for her husband to sit with her.

"How's Ren?" She asked grinning.

"You should be expecting a boy talk," Zuko nudged her a little.

"Should've known, you're not exactly one with early flirting," Katara took his hand.

"You've never complained," he whispered in her ear as ty Lee and Suki walked in giggling.