Wasted time

Toph went to kick Aang in the stomach but Zuko grabbed her and held her back as the brunette was freed from the metal restraints and appa was nuzzling against him happily.

"What the fuck?! Let me go! I'm going to kick your ass twinkle toes!" Toph screamed. No one seemed even close to happy seeing Aang again, they looked disturbed, they looked betrayed and sickened.

"I think you bruised my ribs," Aang rubbed his side in pain, his hair was just past his chin that covered most of his arrows, he couldn't help but stare seeing how everyone changed since he was twelve.

"Good!" Toph snarled.

"It's uh, good seeing you guys again," Aang laughed awkwardly but Zuko dropped Toph.

"Don't pull that," Zuko glared walking up to him. They were eye level now, Aang grew to be taller than all the girls but he was just aboit equal height with Sokka and Zuko.

"Pull what?" Aang gulped backing away.

Zuko didn't hesitate to grab his shirt and slammed his fist to aangs jaw and knocked him on the ground.

"Zuko!" everyone screamed except Toph.

"I just had to get that out, it helps," Zuko sighed shaking his hands out.

"I deserve that," Aang wheezed on the ground.

"Yea, you fucking do," Zuko glared down at him.

"I like your hair long, I would've thought you'd shave it again or something," Aang sat up holding his jaw.

"Shut the fuck up," Zuko walked back over to the others.

"You don't get to be optimistic and complementing, you don't get to pull that," he snarled at him.

"Where have You been? We've thought you've been dead," Sokka had a glare as well.

"We'll I was on the shell of a giant lion turtle for like a year, I didn't have to eat the whole time which was super strange, like the spirit world but not," Aang stayed on the ground as he explained.

"But then I got off, went to the swamp for a week on accident again, You know how that is, said hi to the swamp people, but then I went to check out the fire nation and-" "dude that's not what I meant," Sokka covered his face with a groan as Aang pursed his lips.

"Why didn't you come back?" Suki asked not able to look at him.

"I did, but I couldn't come through with it, I found You guys a few times over the years," Aang gulped awkwardly.

"Katara? You haven't said anything?" He looked at her sadly.

"I have nothing to say," Katara looked down.

"You can punch me too if you want," Aang offered with a goofy smile. She frowned at that when she looked at him.

"You.. haven't changed at all," she said slowly and Aang bended some air under him to stand again.

"Same old Aang," he put his hands on his hips with a grin.

"The hell is wrong with you? Like what in the hell is wrong with you?!" Katara started to raise her voice turning to him.

"Do you know how bad it's gotten?! Do you know what we've gone through because you didn't show up! You left us and let the world get destroyed and you want to sit here talking like nothing is wrong?! Do you know what I've gone through?!" Katara screamed in rage as her voice shook.

"K-Katara I- You know I couldn't kill-" "no, it's not that you can't kill someone that's literally the worse person in the world, it's that You didn't even try,"