Comfortable

"You know I noticed most people will leave you alone if you scream at them?" Aito said softly as he and Ren played tik tak toe in the dusty dirt while Zuko was working at the bar.

"When did you scream at someone?" Ren asked as he saw aito place the final move and won this game.

"At pops friend with the funny looking pony tail, he screamed back though then went for that red head," aito smiled innocently.

"But it worked?"

"It worked,"

"Wow I gotta try that," Ren nodded as aito giggled.

"At the ponytail guy?" Aito asked.

"He probably doesn't know which one of us is which," Ren cackled.

"Should I say I'm you and you're me?" The blue eye twin smiled excitedly.

"Yes!" Ren punched the air and the boys high fived laughing.

"What are you two doing?" Toph and Katara walked over to them confused.

"Making dirt cake," aito lied easily.

"You're a good liar," Toph snorted a little impressed.

"Thank you," he giggled.

"So what were you really doing?" Katara asked them kindly as she knelt down to the boys. She didn't dare look at aito, he had her eyes and it hurt to see the water tribes blood run through them both.

"Talking, old man was telling us about his family like a crazy sister everyone hated and his real dad not his uncle," aito said bluntly and Ren nodded.

"Boys," Zuko called from the door as he had a rag over his shoulder. "Come inside please,"

Katara looked at him as the twins ran over giggling as they pushed at each other while they raced but Zuko had them run inside as he stayed out looking at the woman that birthed his sons.

"Katara I made it very clear where we stand-" "chill sparky we both were just checking on them," Toph waved him off as Katara rolled her eyes a little.

"I don't want you talking to them Katara," Zuko glared anyways at her.

"It's not that big of a deal Zuko, I'm not exactly- I Uh I don't..." Katara looked at Toph nervously.

"She's not acting like their mother sparky," Toph nodded and the water bender covered her mouth a little.

"What? Am I suppose to not know?" She asked confused.

"No it's not that, if they ever find out you were their mother they're going to look back on every memory they have of you, good and bad, I don't want them to think about why you were here and didn't take them back," Zuko hissed crossing his arms and both girls were surprised.

"If they're coming with then I can't exactly ignore them?" Katara looked at him gently but his eyes were cold.

He inhaled deeply pinching the bridge of his nose and covered his mouth to mumble something under his breath.

"I understand that you'll make conversation with them but I'm not comfortable you being around them without me there," Zuko said after a moment of silence.

"What do you think is going to happened? They'll like mom over here more than you?" Toph snorted but neither of them found it funny.

"I don't exactly want to form a loving parent bond with them, don't worry I won't be getting attached to your kids," Katara crossed her arms but noticed the boys peaking out the door now curious.