Chapter 9- The Compass

I fall to the ground with a loud thud. "Aghhhh!" I groan.

"C'mon, that was not that hard of a hit."

"Maybe to you." I scowl, sitting up in the grass. I glare at Cassandra, who was towering above me, hands on her hips.

"Look, (yn), nobody said that training would be easy. If it wasn't hard then it would mean that you're not learning anything." Cass says.

I sigh, slightly regretting my choice to let Cassandra train me. Deep down I knew she was right, but I also knew that I'd be sore all over tomorrow from how hard this is. "Yeah...but still, would it hurt to cut me a little bit of slack?"

"Nothing in life ever comes easy. As soon as you learn that, the better off you'll be." Cass says, crossing her arms.

I take a deep breath and stand to my feet. "Alright. Hit me with your best shot." I say, getting into a defensive position.

Cassandra swings her fist at me, and I quickly duck underneath it, smiling to myself. Cass runs towards me, swinging both her fists in sync. I run backward, holding my forearms over my face to avoid being hit. I suddenly run into a wall behind me, and Cassandra grins. She raises her hands to pin me, but I quickly drop to my knees and somersault through the gap in her feet, barely escaping defeat. I jump to my feet and grab Cassandra's shoulders from behind so I could pin her to the wall, but before I can, Cass grabs my hands from behind her and swings me to the ground, pinning me anyways. "OW!" I yell out.

Cassandra helps me to my feet. "Y'know, that was actually your best fight yet." She proudly states.

"Wait, really? But I still lost."

"Just because you didn't pin me doesn't mean that you didn't fight well. You were fast on your feet and it showed." Cass places a hand on my shoulder. "I'm proud of you (Nn)."

"Thanks, Cass."

"Well, that's all the time I have today. Rapunzel has a meeting with a duke this afternoon and I need to help her get ready." Cassandra says.

"Alright! Thanks for the help."

"No prob." And with that, Cassandra begins running off to the palace.

I look around the empty lawn and wipe beads of sweat from my forehead. I head back to the castle and up to my room. After changing out of my sweaty training clothes, I head to Eugene's room and knock on his door.

I hear footsteps coming to the door. "Cassandra, I swear if your here to say that you're better than me again, I'll have you know that I'm not buyin' it." He says opening the door and looking surprised when he sees me. "(Yn)? What are you doing here?"

"Hey, can I ask you for a favor?" I quickly say.

"It depends on the favor. If Cassandra is involved then the answer is no." Eugene crosses his arms.

"Could you please take me out to Old Corona so I can visit Varian?"

"You mean the Varian who almost got us killed?"

I nod.

"Nope." Eugene bluntly says, slamming his door shut.

"Oh come on! Please?"

No response.

I let out a sigh when an idea suddenly pops into my head. "Well," I begin. "I guess that if you can't take me, I'll have to ask Cassandra. I can count on her to take me because she's extremely brave." I say in a loud enough voice that Eugene can hear.

The door suddenly flies open, and Eugene steps out. "Woah, Woah, Woah. Let's not make rash decisions here, (yn). I can take you!"

"Great! Thank You!"