Chapter 68- Something That I Want

:-One Year Later-:

"Best day ever..." Rapunzel gently whispers.

I smile as I put the last pin in her brown hair, securing the glittering white veil on her head. "I can't believe this day has finally arrived," I comment and I place her crown on top of the veil. "I was beginning to think you two would never get married."

"Oh, shush!" My sister gently elbows me. 

I giggle. "Kidding, kidding!!" My hands slowly turn her around so she can see herself in the mirror, fully dressed in her wedding gown. "I know Cass ran off to go on an adventure and you don't have a lady in waiting at the moment, but I think you look beautiful, sis."

When the lost princess sees herself in the mirror, tears well up in her emerald eyes. She covers her mouth with her hands and a little gasp escapes her lips. "(Yn)...you did amazing." Rapunzel quickly turns back around and throws her arms around me. "Thank you for everything. Really. You're the best sister I could've ever hoped for." She wipes a couple of tears from her eyes before they can ruin her makeup. "I'm so lucky to have you as my maid of honor."

"I'm glad you found your way home."

"I am too."

Suddenly, a gentle knock taps against her bedroom door. "Your Highnesses?" Nigel calls. "The guests have all arrived; shall I tell the orchestra to begin playing?" 

"Yes, thank you!" Rapunzel replies. 

I quickly fluff out her veil once more, before giving her the thumbs up to leave her room. Before I follow, I take a quick peek in the mirror and check my hair. I'm still not used to not having that gold streak running through it. I tuck a loose strand of hair that has fallen from my updo behind my ear and smooth out my blush pink gown, decorated with lace accents. I want to look my best for Rapunzel's big day. 

Once we make it to the throne room a few minutes later, we're greeted by Angry, Catalina, Dandelion, Ruddiger, Max, Pascal, and Dad who are all waiting outside the doors. The girls, both fitted in blush pink and holding baskets of flower petals, smile when they see my sister. "You look gorgeous, princess." Catalina sweetly compliments. 

Rapunzel grins. "Thank you, but I owe that all to my maid of honor." She gestures to me, and I proudly smile. 

Tears begin to fill Dad's eyes when he sees Rapunzel. He doesn't say anything and simply pulls her into a hug, the tears already spilling down his cheeks. 

I glance at Max, Dandelion, Ruddiger, and Pascal, the ring bearers. "You four got a good hold on those rings?" I check. "They've been in the family for generations." The animals nod, and I breathe a small sigh of relief. "Alright, let's do this!" 

Stan and Pete slowly push open the heavy doors to the throne room, which is packed with guests. Intricately carved pews are lined throughout the room, and sunlight dances through the stained-glass window on the back wall casting a cozy glow into the room. Lavender and white flower arrangements line the wall filling the space with a floral scent, and at the end of the room is Eugene, waiting for his bride-to-be. We begin walking down the aisle, first the girls, then the ring bearers, and then me. Once we have completed our walk, everyone stands and turns to the door as Rapunzel enters the room on her father's arm. Everyone gasps in awe when they see her, wonderstruck by her beauty. 

The pastor's jaw drops. "Wow."

Eugene stares at her with nothing but love in his eyes. "Wow."

Then Shorty, who somehow got on the platform, comments: "Woooow~" Eugene shakes his head and pushes the drunken man to the side.