Chapter 52- Floating

...

𝒲𝒽𝑜 𝒶𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓈𝑒 𝓉𝓌𝑜?

𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝓌𝑒𝓇𝑒 𝓃𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓅𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓂𝓎 𝓅𝓁𝒶𝓃...

𝒲𝒶𝒾𝓉...

𝐼𝓉 𝒸𝒶𝓃'𝓉 𝒷𝑒...

𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓎'𝓇𝑒 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑜𝓃𝑒𝓈.

.
.
.

𝒯𝒽𝑒𝓎 𝒽𝑜𝓁𝒹 𝓈𝓅𝒾𝓇𝒾𝓉𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓃𝒹𝓇𝑜𝓅 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓂𝑜𝑜𝓃𝓈𝓉𝑜𝓃𝑒.

...

Like the tingly feeling one gets from a sudden rush of warmth after trekking through a harsh cold, every inch of me trembles as I feel magic surge throughout my body. I'm more and more overwhelmed by the sensation the longer I read the last incantation.

"...shine into the dark, restore our fading sight."

I feel a shock of light blast through my body, causing my glowing golden hair to levitate in the air and my eyes to begin shining a bright gold. Sparks of magic flicker around my body, as though the power of the sun drop is too much for me to contain. I glance over at my sister, who is fully levitating off the ground and traveling toward Cassandra.

It's working! I think to myself, hardly being able to keep my excitement contained.

As Rapunzel and Cassandra's epic showdown begins, I feel an odd sensation flash through my body as Cassandra begins using the moonstone's power. My glowing eyes instinctively travel to Varian and I gasp in surprise when I see his glowing teal hair and eyes. I rush over to him and grip the bars of his cage. "Varian? Are you okay?" My voice comes out in worried breaths.

I ignore the raging battle behind me as I stare into his eyes. He mirrors my action, and I can see the reflection of my golden irises in his eyes; like angels' halos. "I'm fine, but the power of the moonstone incantation Cass is using is triggering a reaction from my powers. It's the same as when you recited the sundrop incantation to activate Rapunzel's powers." He explains.

I grin as an idea appears before me. "Varian, that means you can escape!!"

"What?"

I shake my head a bit, chuckling with glee. "If you have the powers of the moonstone, you must have some control over the black rocks...so..."

"...I can get rid of this cage!" Varian concludes.

"Exactly!!"

Varian flashes me a buck-toothed smile. "(Yn), you're a genius!"

Despite my blush, I quickly wave the alchemist off. We have no time to lose. "Hurry!"

"Right!" Varian nods. He slowly extends his arms, and with shaky hands, he begins taking deep breaths. His teal hair flaps in the wind, allowing me to take notice of the beads of sweat dripping down his forehead. I can't make out the words, but I hear his gentle mumbling coming from his lips as he recites the moonstone incantation.

As the black rocks of his cage slowly recede into the floor, I beam brighter than the glow of the sun. The second Varian has freed himself, I'm already at his side squeezing him as tightly as I can. "I knew you could do it, Var!!" I exclaim.

Varian wraps his arms around me and returns the gesture. We remain like that for a long moment...well, until our moment is interrupted.

Behind us, an explosion of light and magic erupts into the darkness, sending a blast of energy our way. I realize Cassandra and my sister must've collided with a strong enough force to cause the outburst of power, and my glowing eyes widen.