the scientist cat || Neko!Hange x gn!reader

Ok so this really is my first fanfiction. I hope y'all like it! I apologize if the characters seem ooc :|

I really love hange so I wanted them to be the first character I write about

WC: ~2K

~ 3nd POV ~

As y/n was walking around hq, they've heard weird noises coming from down the hallway. "That's weird... That doesn't sound very.. human. I wonder where it came from..? Wait, isn't hange's lab around here?" Y/n smiled a little at the thought of Hange.

They've had a crush on Hange since a while now. I mean, who wouldn't like someone like them? They're really smart and their obsession on titans can be viewed as a good thing (sometimes). Or at least, y/n thinks so.

As y/n was walking down the hallway, towards the sound, they realized it really came from hange's lab. But what is in there? It doesn't sound very good. Then y/n realized they've also heard 2 other voices.

2 male voices.

It didn't take long for y/n to realize the voices belonged to Commander Erwin and Captain Levi. But why were they in Hange's lab? If hange needed help with an experiment they could have asked y/n or moblit, since both of them usually helped hange. Or were they there because they had to talk about something?
But that doesn't explain why there were weird noises.

As y/n was about to knock on the door, the door flew open and there stood captain Levi, with commander Erwin behind him in the room looking focused on something on the floor behind a table...

~ 1st POV ~

I did not expect the door to open even before I knocked..? But anyways, at least there is not titan here.. that wouldn't have ended well. But I still wonder, what made that noise?

"Hello captain Levi and commander Erwin!" I saluted, but they waved it off. I couldn't see Hange anywhere, so what were these 2 men doing here?

Right before I wanted to ask them about it, commander Erwin gave me a lil brown cat with beautiful brown eyes. It reminded me of Hange a bit..

"Squad leader y/n, we really need you to take care of this cat. We need Moblit to make something in the meantime. Please keep this cat with you and care for it. Is that alright with you, y/n?" Asked the commander.

Why is there a cat here? I thought pets weren't allowed here? If they changed their mind then I'd love a pet of my choice.

"Um.. sure I guess? But why is there a cat here? I thought pets weren't allowed? Well, not that I'm complaining, I just.." I looked down at the cat and staring lovingly at me. This cat made me smile with just looking at me!

Levi stared a bit at Erwin, but then turned to me and said "just take care of this cat for now. We'll answer your questions later. Now go brat."

It felt like they were hiding something, but I didn't question it.

I nodded at them both and took the cat with me to my office. Being a higher up than a regular cadet means that I have my own room that I don't have to share with others. That would have been a problem.

~ time skip to office ~

I was still comfused on why there was a cat in Hange's lab, but my superiors told me they would answer that later, so I'm not going to complain now.

As I was sitting in my office doing paperwork, I felt like socializing with the cat.

"Hello cat! You look very cute, so I need to give you a cute name.. what about Koko?" The cat looked disapprovingly at me, it was like the cat could understand what I'm saying.