In the woods || Hange x gn!reader

Ok so I'm back!! I didn't expect to be gone for so long.
Although, I could have posted earlier if I had any motivation.

Feel free to leave any suggestions or comments, they motivate me to continue ^^

WC: ~950

~ 2nd POV ~

Today, you decided to go outside and take a walk for some fresh air. You recently went to an expedition outside the walls and lost, just like always, a lot of soldiers. Except one of these soldiers was one you knew, a soldier named Ash. (It's just a random gn name, you can change it if you want.)

Of course, hearing the loss of your very good friend, Ash, was heartbreaking to you. They always helped you whenever you needed, especially with your crush, but now, they're gone. Nobody to give you advice.

Well, that's not true. You have a few other friends that you talk to of course. Except none of them knew about your little- I mean, big crush.

You decided it was for the best to keep it from everybody, especially them, because A, maybe they'll reject you, or B, any of you can die at any moment.

And right now, you don't really have a close friend with who you can talk to about your little interactions with your crush. You will have to bottle up these feelings till you die.

So to clear your mind, you walked through the woods you and Ash used to walk through, while talking about random things. (Such as talking about your crush hehe)

While walking, you found a few familiar rocks that reminded you of Ash and all those good times together.

It wasn't really all that special, until another friend of yours spotted you from afar.

It was Hange.

Hange's a very good friend of yours. You could talk about anything together, they helped you with anything and they could even be someone you would want to talk about your crush to.

But that's the problem. Hange's the one you like, so of course you wouldn't talk about that. Even if you try to hide it, they'll probably find out it's them anyway. Who knows how they'll react?

Hange waved to you, and yelled your name, but you were too caught up in your thoughts that you didn't notice them walking towards you in a pretty fast pace.

"Heyyy y/n!! Watcha doing?" They asked, but you didn't give an answer. It's not like you were ignoring them on purpose, it's just that ash's dead is still fresh on your mind.

Hange got pretty confused with your sudden behavior, since most of the time you're actually a very happy and nice friend to talk to, except now you're not even saying anything and your eyes look pretty much dead, plus it looked like you've just been crying, which you were.

"Y/n, are you alright?" Hange asked in a softer tone. Now finally, you woke up from your daydream and noticed Hange. Seeing Hange, your crush, right in front of you out of nowhere shocked you, but you recovered quickly.

"O-oh, hey Hange." You said nervously. "I'm fine actually.."

Hange knew you better than this. You're not fine, and you both knew it.

Of course, Hange, being the person they are, asked more questions to finally reveal what has been bothering you.

At some point, they got you and you spilled your friends death. It wasn't easy at all, and Hange became a little more quieter.

"Oh my.. I'm so sorry y/n, I didn't know." They said, looking down. "It's.. fine. It's not your fault anyway." You replied.

"If you want to talk about it, or just need to vent, you can always come to me, I'll listen." They said honestly.

Hearing them say that made you feel a little more happy, but you felt like you didn't feel ready for that yet, and they accepted that.

So instead, you both just walked together throughout the woods, enjoying each other's presence.

After a while, you started talking about things that made you happy, and so did they.

"So basically, that's what happened after I put that green liquid into the red one." Hange said proudly.
You nodded, finding their newest results interesting. Of course, everything your crush does is interesting.

After some more walking, you guys walked past a few pretty flowers.

"Ohh, these flowers look very gorgeous!" Hange said in a high voice, and ran towards the flowers.

"Hey, y/n." Hange started, but they noticed you having all your focus on one specific flower. They smiled internally, because the flower you're holding is their favorite.

"Hey.. Hange." You said softly, not looking at them at first. You gave the flower to Hange with a little smile on your face. "This flower reminds me of you."

They blushed a little, thanking you for the flower. Then they got an idea. They chose their favorite flower from the ones in front of them and gave them to you.

"I think these remind me of you too." They said with a big smile. You hugged Hange and thanked them for everything they've done, such as being there for you.

"You're welcome, y/n. Everything for the person I like."

Wait.. 'like'? What did they mean by that?

"You.. like me? Like, as a friend or.." You asked shyly. They nodded.

"I like you as more than a friend."

At this point, you didn't know what to say. You were speechless by their sudden confession. But now is your chance, now you can tell them how you feel.

"I like you too, Hange." You said with a big smile and you felt like you were about to cry. For how long did they like you?
Many questions were going through your head, but you'll ask for answers later.

This moment is a special one after all.

~ end ~