lost || Levi x gn!reader (part 1)

WC: ~600

~ 1st POV ~

I did not expect this. This expedition went very wrong. And by very, I mean like a lot. I lost my squad, and my gas and blades are running low.

I don't know what to do. I have only one flare left. I need to make very good use of. It didn't help that I'm in a forest right now, so the branches might ruin it's course.

So, the best thing I could think of is flying to the top of the forest, and firing it.

Unfortunately, my gas ran out and I fell down from not too far. I did fire the gun, but hurt my leg in the process. Luckily, I wasn't that far up, otherwise the flare would have been useless anyway.
I checked my gas, and it seems I have only a tiny bit left. I wonder why I just fell randomly, but that's a problem for later.

I climbed up a tree, waiting for someone to help me. Luckily, I have survival skills that I've leaned from my family. My family thinks it's important to know which berries are edible and which not, how to build a hut and stuff like that.

I don't know why they tought us that, but I'm glad they did.

I think I just heard odm gear somewhere around here. YES! I'm finally saved! Hopefully, they have extra gas and blades with them.

As the sound got closer, I could make out a figure. I think they have black hair, and I assume they aren't very tall.

Wait...

Is that captain Levi?

Part of me wishes he is, part of me don't.

I've heard a lot about him, how he's humanity's strongest soldier and all. I've never talked to him, or seen him from up close, but I do admire him. (No crush yet, that's boring)

As he finally reached me, he landed on the branch next to me. Before he could say something, a titan approached us.

Since he was the only one with gas, he had to fight it on his own.

Not that it was a problem though, he is humanity's strongest after all.

Well, apparently, it was. Before he could slice the titans nape, another titan approached and smacked him against a tree.

They both approached his unconscious body and went to pick it up.

"No way! I'm not letting you do that!" I screamed and used the little gas that was left to slice the titan's nape. All the gas that I desperately tried to save up was gone now, and I assume he doesn't have much left either.

I ran to his body, while my leg was limping.

I tried to pick up his body, but for some reason it was too heavy. Didn't except a small body like his to weigh that much.

So instead, I switched our gas and picked him up and fly to a branch, which is too high for any titan to reach.

I laid down his unconscious body, and I draped my cape over him. He looked very peaceful, now that he doesn't have an angry looking face.

Now that I think of it, we don't have enough gas to make it back to the group, nor do we have any flares.

That means I'm stuck with captain Levi, for maybe my whole life, since we'll probably won't make it for long.

I decided to take a nap, since I'm very tired and I can't do anything like that. So I closed my eyes for a few hours.

Once I woke up, I tried looking around for food, and only found some edible berries. It's currently night time and the titans aren't active at night.

However, my leg was still hurting, so getting back up the tree was a little difficult, but once I reached the branch we were on, I noticed the captain woke up.

~ to be continued ~

I'm sorry it's so short, but I'll continue this tomorrow <3