stay with me || bertholt x paradian!fem!reader (au)

Request by L on AO3: can i request a bertholdt x fem pariddian reader? like they take her back to marley when they did ymir. but she isn’t a shifter. like how would porco piek and zeke react to a pariddian being treated so highly by bertie (and maybe reiner tolerates her?)

oh also au where bertie didn’t get eaten…

thank you for your time!

I'm sorry if I wrote his name wrong or if it's too ooc btw :[

WC: ~1,9k

~ bertholt's POV ~

We had to go back. We didn't have another choice. Annie got captured, they found out we were the collosal and armored (thanks to reiner btw) and we lost our jaw titan even before. We had to come back since our mission failed. Besides, we had to give the jaw titan to another warrior.

I knew we had to cancel the mission, even before reiner decided we had to break the wall, but Reiner decided to continue.

We infiltrated their military without anyone knowing about our true identities. We were planning on killing everyone of paradis.

But that's where I met y/n, my girlfriend. I felt bad for lying to her, but I can't just say it.

I didn't want to leave her alone with all the paradis devils, so I took her with me to Marley. She's much safer here, since there are no titans roaming around, nor will she try to "save" humanity because there are no scouts here.

My friends, Reiner, zeke, Pieck and Porco wondered why I took a devil with me, but I explained to them she means a lot to me and isn't like those devils.
They're still suspicious of her, since she can easily stab us in the back, but I know she won't.

It's a good thing she was unconscious when I took her with me, and she still is. I bet she may be confused when she wakes up. I wonder how she'll react.

I won't tell her the full truth at once, only parts of it. I don't want to ruin her trust and make her break up with me.

I shouldn't tell anyone that she's from paradis, nor should my friends, because I've asked them not to. Who knows how they'll react. They might even kill her.

~

I'm currently sitting on the bed she's resting on. Her eyes are still closed, but I feel like she's about to wake up.

And she did.

She slowly opened her eyes, but shut them once again after the bright light reached them.

"W..where am I?" She asked softly. I grabbed her hand, but she removed it quickly. Once she realized it was me, she gave me her hand again.

"Don't worry y/n. You're safe with me." I replied back.

I saw her visibly relax. I see that as a good thing, since she really doesn't remember anything.

After a while, she broke the silence again. "How long have I been here?" She asked. I told her she had been here for a few days.

She sighed. "What happened?" "Y-you got hurt and fell unconscious." It wasn't exactly a lie, but it wasn't honest.

After a while of talking, the doctor told me I had to leave her rest. I promised that I'd come back everyday.

~ timeskip, 1st POV ~

I just got released from the hospital, and I decided to go outside. I wanted to show up in front of bertholt's barrack, but the whole place seemed different. For some reason, the hospital didn't look like the ones I'm used to, nor are any of the buildings around me.