quiet || Isabel x fem!reader (modern au) (request)

Request by rsoqtxia on AO3: uhh maybe like a scenario where there isnt levi and farlan and reader and her are in the same friend group and they are dating, reader doesnt talk much but when she does she just gets cut over and over and she has enough of the others not letting her talk? thanks!

- thanks for the request!! I hope you'll enjoy it <3

WC: ~900

~ 2nd POV ~

You and isabel are quite alike, you both like animals and helping others. Both of you do most things together. You and Isabel even share the same friend group.

The only thing you didn't share was that you don't usually talk much. Isabel tried getting you to loosen up, but it just didn't work. You are just too shy, but Isabel doesn't that mind anyway. She'll love you either way.

That's why both of you are dating for a few months. You knew each other for years, and at some point Isabel confessed to you.

Both of you are sitting now with your shared friend group, having a nice conversation, except for you. You were more listening instead of actually participating in the conversation.

You were more of the 3rd or 5th wheel, as you can say. The only person who actually hangs around with you after school.

It wasn't that you were insecure about yourself, you were just quiet because you're born an introvert, and there's nothing wrong with that!

But today, you decided you wanted to talk a little more than usual, so you wanted to ask them something, and since they were already on that topic it only became easier.

"Hey guys, maybe we should go to the swimming pool, since it's sunny-." You started, but got cut of by one of your friends.

"Maybe we should go bowling together, like last time." He said, not even knowing you said something.

Your girlfriend did hear what you said, so she decided to go with your idea, because you usually don't talk much she must have thought you were building up courage. But that courage left you when you got cut off.

"Hey maybe we should go swimming, like y/n said!" She said kinda loudly, so everyone could hear it. She turned to you and smiled brightly, looking very proudly at you. You softly smiled back.

"Yeah sure, seems like a good idea because it's summer anyway." Your friends agreed.

They seemed fine with it. Thanks to Isabel, they actually agreed. You doubt if they would have agreed if you said it directly.

After, they started talking about their math homework, and exchanging their answers, since they were too lazy to make them themselves.

Unfortunately, you spotted a mistake in one of their answers, so you went and corrected them, but they didn't listen. You went and called their names but they started talking to each other again. 

You gave up on trying to correct them. Isabel noticed this and decided again that they should pay more attention to their friend.

"Hey! Y/n has something to say, listen to her." Isabel said to your 2 friends that were talking to each other. It was kinda embarrassing, but you went ahead and corrected their mistakes.

"Oh! Thanks, y/n, I didn't know that. Thanks for correcting me." They said with a smile. It also made you smile, since they acknowledged your existence for once. Obviously, they did see you as their friend, but sometimes they just didn't hear you or were paying attention to something else.

You held Isabel's hand, and smiled at her. A silent way of 'thank you'.

~ timeskip to class ~

Right now, you were sitting in a class with your friends next to me. You were sitting at the corner of the table, isabel was in front of you.

To be honest, this class was kinda difficult, so you needed a lot of extra help.

Just like now. You were trying to make an assignment, but you didn't know how to continue. Usually, you would ask Isabel for help, but you noticed that she was explaining something to someone else.

You didn't want to interrupt her, so you went ahead and asked the person next to you. Luckily, you knew the person next to you already, so it was not as awkward.

But that didn't mean they would always reply.

As you were about to start your sentence, they turned around and started talking about nonsense with the person behind them.

You obviously became disappointed. It felt like they were ignoring you on purpose, even though you knew they didn't.

The same time, Isabel finished explaining and wanted to turn around and ask you if everything was going well, since she knew you had trouble with this subject.

She saw the disappointment in your eyes, assuming you got ignored. She was done with it. She was done with your friends ignoring you like you didn't matter.

"Hey! Y/n wanted to ask you something! Listen to her for once! I don't want anyone ignoring her ever again or you'll meet my fist!" She said. Some classmates looked at you guys, but then continued with their work.

Your friends looked very shocked too. Isabel was usually the very cheerful little sister everyone wanted, but now she got mad.

Your friends apologized, and asked you what you needed help with.

Having Isabel as your girlfriend is always fun, since she would stand up for you if you didn't do it yourself, even though it can be a little too much sometimes.

~ end ~

Isabel looks like a very friendly soul, I would want her as my friend 😌