Chapter 3

The little creature that had attacked Hun and his Purple Dragons was still approaching Mikey. Mikey had pulled himself back into the wall, concerned that the creature would harm him too. He was scared.

"Nice creature. Don't hurt me, please." Mikey whined. He held his hands in front of his face.

"Not hurt you." Stitch said.

Mikey opened his eyes. He looked at the creature.

"You turtle?" The thing asked.

"Yes. I am. And what are you?" Mikey asked. He was still afraid.

"Meega alien." Stitch said.

"Huh?" The turtle said.

"Alien experiment." Stitch said. " I pretend to be dog to protect myself."

"A dog? You look nothing like a dog."

"Know. Earth disguise." Stitch's English was a little broken up. But he could speak good English sometimes.

"Ok. Let's get out of here then." Mikey suggested and Stitch was happy to follow. They both got to the rooftops. Stitch kept up real good with Mikey, and he was the fastest of the turtles. But Stitch was also capable of running on four legs too.

When they finally got to a safe distance from that alley, Mikey slowed up. Stitch came up too.

"So who are you anyway?" Mikey said.

"My name Stitch."

"Do you have a family?"

"In Hawaii. I taken, stolen from Hawaii. Where here?" Stitch asked.

"New York City." Mikey said. "And my name is Mikey, short for Michelangelo."

"I far from Lilo."

"Lilo?"

"Best friend. Little girl." Stitch said.

"I have a brother that when you say his short name, it sounds like Lilo, but it's Leo instead." Mikey said. "Short for Leonardo. He's my big bro." The turtle was beginning to enjoy this creature's company. He had saved him from the Purple Dragons after all.

"Lilo has big sister. Nani not that nice. Bossy. Mean."

"My brother, Raph, can be the same way. I know what you mean. I only try to get him to play with me and he loses his temper real easy. He's always hitting me on my head just because he thinks I said something stupid." Mikey explained. "And I have to say it was incredible how you threw Hun into that wall."

"Stitch strong. Very strong." Stitch said.

"I can tell that. You have anywhere to go?"

"Naga." Stitch said.

"Huh?"

"No." Stitch said. "Stitch speaks Planet Turo talk at times."

"Well, I'd like it if you spoke English." Mikey said.

"Ok." Stitch said. "Go home?"

"After that, I'm all up for that. Follow me." Mikey said. He now had a new friend. He seemed trustworthy. He had said his best friend was a little girl.

They went back down to the ground, where Mikey pulled off a sewer lid. "You live in sewer?" Stitch asked.

"Yeah. It's not a problem is it?" Mike asked.

"Water problem."

"It won't hurt you."

"Hate wet."

"Come on Stitch. You hungry? I got plenty of food down here." Mikey was trying to coax him down. "You can walk on the ceiling down here and stay out of the water." He advised. He had seen that Stitch didn't even need to hold onto a fire escape to scale a building. Special pads on his hands and feet let him walk up anything.

Stitch was hungry and what Mikey said made sense. He could walk on the ceiling. Stitch reluctantly came down. Then Mikey made sure they weren't followed. He attached the lid again.

Mikey walked in the water, on his way home, and some on dry floor. Stitch stayed on the sides or ceiling at all times. "How is it you can walk up there?" Mikey asked.

"Special hands and feet. When Jumba make me." Stitch said.

"Jumba?"

"Creator. I experiment."

"So he must be a genius to have made you."

"Ih."

Mikey easily took that as a yes.

"Stitch also have many cousins in Hawaii. I 626." Stitch said. "Jumba also make all of them."

"626? That's a big number of cousins!" Mikey said.

"Each cousin have special powers. All start bad, but Lilo and Stitch turn them good. Then find them one place where they belong." Stitch said. "Stitch belongs with Lilo."

Mikey understood. With his talk this way, his gut was telling him that this was a good creature. And it wasn't his fault that he was here in the first place. He had been stolen from his home for whatever reason to be brought here for something.

Mikey continued to lead Stitch to his home. Where his home was, the floor was nice and dry. Stitch made sure it was dry first before coming off the walls. He saw Mikey pull a switch and a big door opened. It sure was something. His eyes adjusted to the light again.

Stitch flattened his ears and followed Mikey inside. "Maybe you might want to act like a dog for now." Mikey whispered to him. "Before they find out what you really are. Just act cute. Then they might let you stay."

"Ok." Stitch said in a low voice back to him. Then he followed Mikey into his home.