Chapter 20

The next day, with Angel in tow, she didn't want to let Stitch out of her sight, and also considering he was hurt, Lilo and Stitch took the turtles to more exploring sites on the island.

First though, a surfing competition was promised to them, by David and Mikey.

"If Nani didn't have to work today, she could also be surfing with them too." Lilo said.

"We'll be here for a little while yet, Lilo. She could show us another day." Raph said. He was interested in seeing her older sister surf.

Mikey and David put on a good show. They both surfed really well. They fell off a few times if the wind current changed or a changed in the tide, but it was fun. It was a nice day out.

Then eventually, everyone else decided they wanted to join on the fun to go swimming, it was warming up. But Leo decided that if they should do that, they needed a deserted beach, not a crowded one.

David took them all to a deserted beach, where all of them, with only Leo, Stitch, and Angel didn't go into the water. Leo would have loved to join them, but he had a plaster cast on his left arm. He looked on sadly. He wanted to join them so badly.

And eventually, even Don and Raph tried to go surfing too. Not always perfection, but fun just to be out in public and swimming on a warm day.

It was just a too fun day to do anything else but swim. Sometimes his family would come over and talk to him while taking short swimming breaks.

Stitch and Angel were just too preoccupied with each other, but had watched the surfing and swimming. But soon, he looked over, and saw Leo looking miserable. Stitch excused himself from Angel and went over to comfort Leo.

"Leo sad?" He said.

"Yes. I just want to enjoy what my brothers are doing. I'm a turtle. I should be able to join them in anything. But with this broken arm, I can't get the cast wet." Leo explained. He petted Stitch's head. "Thanks for caring."

"Stitch happy to be with Angel again. Sorry Leo sad. But bad hurt. Meega too. Not bad as now, but not swimming." Stitch said.

"I'll be alright Stitch. You can go back to your girlfriend now." Leo said. "I didn't mean to bother you with my problems. I'll be able to have fun with them again in no time."

Stitch reluctantly went back to Angel.

Leo wished he had a girlfriend, but it was highly that he would never get one.

The day soon came to an end. They all said goodbye to David and they headed back to Lilo's house.

It was after dark when they got home, and Nani had dinner waiting. She typically didn't like her little sister being out after dark, but she had reliable caretakers with her right now, that were much older than her.

Dinner was eaten peacefully, and they all told what the surfing and swimming was like.

"I'd LOVE to live here!" Mikey practically shouted.

"We are only here on vacation for two months, Michelangelo." Splinter scolded his son.

"I know Sensei, but I'm just saying, I love it here already." Mikey said more calmly.

"It's only our second day here Mikey. We still have much more to see." Don said.

Then shortly after dinner, a movie was watched, though it had to be down to kid seeing level, no real horror movie. Leo, Raph, and Don would be grateful for that, as Mikey often had nightmares from monster movies he watched.

Then it was bedtime again. Splinter and his sons, once again, slept in the living room. And everyone else went to their bedrooms.

.....

This day, Lilo was taking the turtles to meet some of Stitch's cousins. So far, they had only been introduced to Angel.

The turtles met many of Stitch's cousins that day. Sparky, the electrical one; Richter, the earthquake one; Kixx, a heavyweight and fighter kind of one; Felix, Jumba had fixed him into a cleaner again. They saw a popcorn maker cousin in the movie theater, a good guy hero one, called Ace. (Just some examples.) And many more cousins.

At the end of the day, the turtles were all amazed at what Stitch's cousins could do. Heck, many of the talents that each cousin had could even be useful for fighting bad guys back in New York. With an army of these creatures, the turtles could really beat the Shredder, or even Bishop!

When they got home again that evening, Don went to talk to Jumba about his creations.

"Jumba, could I ask you something?" Don asked, stepping into the alien's room.

"Sure. What is it you want, smart turtle?" Jumba said.

"I like to be called Don much better if you please. But anyway, after seeing your incredible creations today, and seeing what many talents they have, I was wondering if perhaps, if they could ever come to New York if we ever needed them as back up to fight an enemy?" Don asked.

Jumba perked in his seat, then turned. "Needing my experiments for fighting?"

"Yes. We are often very outnumbered in battles. Especially against the Foot ninjas and their leader, Shredder. And we could use some more muscle in our battles." Don explained.

"Sure. They are ever welcome to go to your city whenever you need them. I give you a number to call to whenever you need help." Jumba said.

"Thanks." Don said. And he left the room. He was grateful.

When Don went into the kitchen to see his family playing cards, he spoke up. "Hey guys. I just spoke with Jumba, and I asked if we ever needed back up in a fight back home, he said Stitch's cousins were welcome to come help out. Because we really could use some more fighting friends of our own if we ever hope to defeat the Shredder and the Foot."

"That would really help us out a whole lot. Thanks for asking Donny." Leo smiled. At least he could play cards with the others with his injured arm.

Don smiled back.

So it was decided that Stitch and any of his cousins were going to be back up in New York, but only when they were really needed.

Jumba gave Don the number to call that evening before bed.