Chapter 10

The next day, Leo was off the IV, but both he and Stitch were very sore from their injuries. They were given pain medicine from Don to help with it a bit.

Don then called April.

"Hello?" The woman answered.

"Hi April. It's Don. Look, I'm calling you because there's something you need to do for me."

"What?"

"There's a phone number here that I need you to call for me. It's a long distance one, but it's very important. You see, right now, we have a guest with us that is little, blue, and furry. His name is Stitch. Weird I know, but that's his name. Call this number and say that we have found Stitch and they'll understand." Don said. He then gave her the long distance number.

"Their home is in Hawaii." Don said.

"Hawaii!" She shouted into the phone.

Don pulled the phone away from his ear for a second, but then continued. "He was stolen from his home, April. Probably for science experiments and we promised to help get him home. So can you call them up?" Don asked.

"I will do as you say and see what happens and I'll call back." April said.

"Thanks." Don said and hung up.

...

April hadn't met this friend yet. But she was going to do as she was told. Hawaii had to be like 5 or 6 hours behind New York hours or so.

She dialed the number.

....

In Kauai, the phone in the house was ringing. Nani was home for once. "Can someone get the phone? I have to get ready for work!" She said. But no one would.

"Great." She said and went to pick up the phone.

"Hello." Nani said.

"Hello, you don't know me, Ma'am, but my name is April, and I'm calling because some friends of mine say that they found a friend of yours, named Stitch?"

Nani's eyes lit up. "Stitch! Is he alright? Where is he?"

"I live here in New York, and they said he was stolen from you?" April asked.

"Yes. Stitch was stolen from us. How is he?" Nani asked.

"I haven't met him yet, but I can get back to you. I'm sure he's fine. My friends take good care of all things." She said.

"Can I have your number so I can call you if I need too?" Nani asked.

"Sure. My number is..." April gave her phone number to Nani.

"Ok thank you!" Nani said.

"You're welcome." And they hung up.

Nani was speechless. She thought that they would never see Stitch again. But now that she had gotten this call, it was so great that he was coming home after all!

Nani went to find her sister.

She was up in her room, moping over Stitch.

Nani came into the room up from the shaft in the elevator. "Lilo, how are you doing?"

"I miss Stitch." Lilo, the little girl, said.

"Well, I have some great news, Lilo. Stitch has been found!" Nani said.

"Really? Where is he?" Lilo had to know where her best friend was. She snapped out of her sadness immediately.

"In New York! It's really far away, but one way or another, we will get him home again." Nani said.

The sisters hugged. Now they just needed to find Jumba and Pleakley to tell them the great news. Stitch was coming home! As soon as everything was ready.