Chapter 6

In New York, it was now bedtime. It had been a long day and night. Stitch would be sleeping in Mikey's room. He liked company.

But before Stitch went to Mikey's room, he went to the lead turtle.

Leo looked up from the mat when his name was said. "Leo?"

"Yes?"

"You leader here?"

"Yes."

"You care for ohana?"

"Hm? What?" Leo was puzzled.

"Stitch miss family. Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind, or forgotten." Stitch said.

Leo's eyes widened. "Yes. I care very much for my family. It's a good way of putting it. And I promise you Stitch. We'll do everything we can to get you home. But right now it's time for bed."

"Night."

"Good night."

Stitch went to Mikey's room and into the little bed they had provided him with.

Everyone else had gone to bed now, but Don was still up. He was having problems fixing something on one of the machines he made all the time. He had his door closed, but he was pounding on something and Stitch could hear it. Even with Mikey's door closed.

Stitch tried to sleep, but his super sensitive hearing wouldn't allow it. He got up and opened Mikey's door just enough for him to squeeze out. He walked to the sound of the noise.

He peeked into Don's lab. He could see through the crack in the door that Don was very busy. He pulled open the door and stood there for awhile, watching to see what Don could do. He seemed to be a lot like Jumba. A genius and mechanic.

But even as busy as he was, Don was growing tired too. He yawned and finally put his tools down for a little break. Then he nearly jumped out of his shell when Stitch said, "Don, sleep now?"

"Ah! Stitch!" Don turned. "Don't scare me like that!"

"Sorry. It bedtime."

"I often go longer without sleep when I'm working on something important. But right now, I just can't get this contraption to work." Don said. "I might need some sleep to be able to concentrate better."

Stitch could see that he was tired. And to encourage Don even more, he went up to the turtle's leg and rubbed on him, purring like a cat.

Don looked down. He hadn't officially felt Stitch's fur, but he could feel it was soft and fluffy. "How could I refuse that?" The olive green turtle chuckled and smiled.

Don got up from his chair. "I'll finish it tomorrow." The turtle said and went to his own bedroom.

Stitch went back to Mikey's room to try to sleep, but he couldn't take his mind of off Don working on that thing. He got up and went back to the lab.

Stitch could see in the dark, so he didn't need the lights on. He studied Don's studies of paperwork for this project. All the parts were there, and so the work began.

...

In the morning, when Mikey awoke, he looked over the side of his bed to make sure that it hadn't been a dream. There was the bed, but Stitch was not in it.

"Stitch?" Mikey asked in his room. He got down to go looking for him.

When he got outside his room, he went to the kitchen and found his family already eating breakfast. Mikey was always usually the last one up. So was Raph.