Chapter 8

The ninjas were now coming back around from Leo's attacks on them.

Stitch had now un-rolled himself and he stood on his two feet. He had a mad look on his face and he looked around at the humans clothed in black. And he saw the red clawed symbol on their uniforms.

The ninjas were ready to strike the unconscious turtle leader, but now there was a little blue thing in their way. They could see how small he was and he had long claws, but that wouldn't be enough to stop them from killing the turtle. They began advancing again.

Stitch growled and bared his teeth at them. He saw their intent with the ways they were holding their weapons.

That didn't scare them. They charged.

Stitch jumped onto one and grabbed his staff with blades on the end of it. He began to hit the ninjas left and right, and he was keeping them away from Leonardo.

He fought with their weapons, rolled up a few times and knocked them all down like they were bowling pins in a strike, he broke some weapons even with his teeth and snapped a final staff in half. Then he basically roared at them and they took off running. Stitch had beaten them!

The ninjas were afraid of him. Then he went to check on Leo. He was down and sleeping. But he looked dead just about.

"Leo?" Stitch said. The turtle didn't move.

"Leo? Leo, wake up!" Stitch cried out. He was beginning to panic now. He had gone through this with Lilo awhile back with Drowsy, his sheep cousin that made people sleep. But this was different. Leo couldn't be just woken up with a spray of water in his face. He was drugged.

Stitch calmed down and put his ear to Leo's chest to see if his heart was still beating. He heard thumping in there. Leo was alive, and his middle was rising up and down with every breath. But what was he to do? All he could do was wait for him to wake up.

Stitch sat down by Leo and guarded him. He would make sure those stupid humans didn't try to harm him again. And he didn't know how long Leo was going to be sleeping. And there was no way any of them could sneak up on them, because Stitch's super hearing could pick up even the most far away sounds.

But there was one thing he didn't notice. There was pink liquid coming down his right arm and onto the roof!

....

Back at the lair, Mikey started looking for Stitch to show him some of his comic books, but Stitch was also nowhere to be found again.

The family searched the lair, but he couldn't be found.

"He must have gone out after Leo." Don said.

"Maybe." Mikey said. "I wanted to show him some of my new comics."

"If he went after Leo, then he'll be back soon Mikey. Leo don't stay out too late." Raph said.

Mikey would have to read his books alone. He was disappointed. He was hoping that Stitch would be here paying attention to him when lots of times, no one else would.

...

Awhile later, Leo began to come to. Stitch heard him groan and move. He watched him raise his right hand to his head.

"Leo?" Stitch said.

Leo heard someone say his name, and he opened his eyes. His vision was still blurry, but he could blue next to him and it wasn't his mask for once.

When it focused, Leo saw Stitch beside him. He blinked.

"Leo ok?" He asked.

The turtle groaned and tried to sit up. "Yeah, I'm fine." But when he put weight on his left arm, he winced.

He held his arm to his chest.

"Ok?"

"Then again, I think I'm not so fine." Leo grimaced.

"What hurt?"

"My arm. I remember I was pushed down hard and I landed on my arm. I felt it go CRUNCH! under me. I have to get to Don so he can treat it." Leo said. And he pushed himself up with his right hand.

Once he was standing, Leo looked around. He didn't see any ninjas in sight. He held his arm, but, where was the Foot?

"Stitch, where are the ninjas?" Leo asked.

"I fight them off. Save you. You sleeping while I fight them off." Stitch said. He was sitting on all fours now, but when he got up to step toward him, there was a limp in Stitch's walk on his arms. And there had been some pink liquid down in pools around his hand.

"Stitch? Why are you limping?"

"Not know. Hurts." Stitch said. He hadn't even noticed his injury until now.

"Let me take a look." Leo said and sat down to take a look at the little blue guy's arm.

Stitch, who was pretty much indestructible on land, let Leo take a look at his arm, and sure enough, underneath his arm, was a long slash. It was bleeding!

But as Leo saw, Stitch's blood was not red, but pink!

"You're hurt Stitch. You're bleeding! I'm going to have to stop it from bleeding." Leo said. He took his belt off and tied it around Stitch's arm.

Stitch winced. He had never been wounded in a fight before. But one of the ninjas had slashed his arm in the fight to save Leo's life.

When he had tied it around once, it would stop the blood flow, then he continued to wrap the wound up with the rest of his belt. Then he took the pad off his left arm and applied that as well, with the pad over the belt where the wound was.

"Thanks Stitch. You saved my life." Leo said, smiling.

Stitch smiled back. He limped into Leo's lap and licked his face.

Leo felt kind of grossed out at that, but he accepted it. "Thanks, but now we better get home before more Foot show up." (Getting licked by Stitch, even if it seems gross, is a sure sign he accepts you as a friend, or is a way of saying he's sorry about something.)

"Foot?"

"The Foot clan of ninjas that we fought. They'll be coming back soon if we don't get out of here." Leo said. "Can you walk home? I have my hurt arm to take care of."

"Ih!"

Leo then also collected his katanas on the ground.

Leo needed to support his left arm. Stitch withdrew his other arms on his sides while lifting his injured one up. Leo saw this and thought that he was lucky to have such extra limbs. Together, despite their pains, they both found their way to the warehouse where the Battle Shell was, and there was an elevator that would take them back to the lair.