Chapter 14

In Hawaii, Jumba started the spaceship and after everyone was buckled into their seats, he made it take off. They were off to bring their furry little friend home. Nani wasn't coming as she was working. She trusted Jumba and Pleakley to look after Lilo.

After having said that New Yorkers could be dangerous, Jumba was carrying blasters in secret. They didn't have money or anything on them. Lilo was just more than ready to see her friend again.

Mertle and her friends had already made fun of her that he had ran away instead of being stolen. "No one would want your dis-configured dog!" She had told Lilo.

Aside from Mertle and her friends, most of the other humans in Kauai were pretty welcoming. So it would be possible for even the turtles to fit in here. Stitch's odd looking cousins did.

...

In New York, Leo was wanting to go talk to Splinter straight away about Stitch's offer to move to a safer place. He knew the risk they'd be taking if they left, Shredder, but Shredder and his ninjas did most of the trouble they did all because they wanted the turtles out of the way so bad.

It had also occurred to Leo that Hawaii was also much closer to Japan! If they wanted to visit the Ancient One or the Ninja Tribunal more often, they could do that too, without having to take a ship halfway around the world! Like when the turtles were little kids and Splinter had done just that. It was only through the Ninja Tribunal's magic that they had gotten home without having to take the ship home again.

The turtles had been told of that story, but didn't remember it of course, since the memory had been removed spiritually from their minds. It had been told it was for their own good at the time. But heck, if they had kept the memories, they might have remembered the Ninja Tribunal when they were older, but then again, Mikey would had nightmares of that skeleton monster for years!

Once home, Leo went to talk to Master Splinter about the owner coming to claim Stitch. And what Stitch had offered them.

"Master Splinter?" Leo said.

"Enter, my son." Splinter said.

Leo went in, closed the door, and kneeled before his father and sensei. "Master, I would like to talk to you about an offer."

Splinter's mind had been on his meditation, but he opened his eyes when his son said that. "What about, my son?"

"While we were over at April's, Stitch's owner did call and say they were coming, but they won't be here for a few hours yet. But I do want to talk to you about an offer from Stitch."

"An offer for what?" Splinter asked.

"To go with him back to Hawaii." Leo said.

Splinter's eyes widened and his ears perked up. A shocking offer!

Leo saw his father was silent. Then went on. "He invited us all to go with him to have a more peaceful life. I know the Foot is looking for us, but all the enemies we have here, it's just not safe for us here. And most of what they do is because of us. Stitch said that he has cousins over there that look odd and all, and they fit right in."

"But if the Shredder does something, then we wouldn't be here to stop it." Splinter said. "I know it is a good offer to a more peaceful life, Leonardo, but I may have to meditate on this some more."

"Not to mention Hawaii is closer to Japan." Leo smiled.

That mention might have also sparked something more into the ninja master rat. "Yes. That is true. But I said I will have to meditate more on this, Leonardo."

"Ok. Let us know when you decide." Leo said and slowly grunted as he got up, pain in his arm.

"I will my son. Be careful with your arm." Splinter said.

"I will Master." Leo said and left his father's room.

The others were in the living room. He went there and sat down. "He said he'd think about the offer." Leo said.

Stitch's ears perked up. "So, you come back to Kauai?" Stitch asked.

"We don't know yet. When our father says he will meditate more on it, it means he is going to think about it." Don said. "But it would be nice to live a more peaceful life. I could work on my inventions without interruptions."

"I could work on the ninja arts." Leo said.

"I could be a comic artist." Mikey said. "What would you do, Raph?"

"I'd love to work on and ride the Shell Cycle!" Raph said.

"What about April and Casey?" Don asked.

Then they all slumped sadly. Could they go too? Surely they could, but all their relations were here. They weren't sought after by their enemies as much. And they could stay here and make sure the baddies weren't up to anything, especially the Foot. But if they called them, the turtles would be back here in a flash.

"We'll figure it out later guys. Right now, we should go up to the park and try to wait for Stitch's owners to arrive." Leo said.

All four boys got their weapons on and went up to the park to wait for the spaceship's arrival. Stitch went with them, still holding up his wounded arm.

Leo wasn't in any shape to fight. But, he wanted to be there to personally meet Stitch's owners.

....

The turtles took to the trees once they were up topside. Stitch followed them. The pads on his feet and hands made him stay perfectly up there with them. He listened with his sonic hearing for any signs of his family's spaceship.

The turtles looked too. Don really wondered what this 'marvelous' spaceship looked like. He knew it was red, but how big was it?

It was nearly sunset when Stitch began to hear the ship's engines from so far away. "Meega hear ship's engine!" Stitch proclaimed happily.

"You sure?" Leo asked.

"Ih!"

The turtles all looked at each other.

"Ok then, we better go get ready to greet our friends." Leo said. Then he and his brothers looked up, and just as Stitch had said, there was a BIG red and white spaceship landing in the middle of the park.

They all got down from the trees and went to meet them. It looked like they had been landing near the lake. So they headed there.

...

Jumba didn't know where to land the spaceship exactly, but he had been told to land in Central Park, and this was the middle of New York City. It was the only stretch of big land with trees for miles around. This had to be it. He spotted the source of water in the middle of it and chose to land his spaceship there.

And Lilo was so looking forward to seeing Stitch again.