𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 4

Omniscient POV

Omniscient POV

"Harry, you pack science book?"

"Yes Ma'am." The little boy replied standing by the front door.

"Okay good. May c'mon, you're gonna be late!" Athena hollered.

"Okay, I'm ready." May adjusted her bag on her shoulders.

Just as the kids were about to open the door Camille walked through almost walking right into them.

"Oh, my bad. You guys leaving for school already?" She said hugging her cousins.

*Honk Honk*

"Yeah, our rides here. Bye love you!" The kids ran out the door."

Camille waved after the kids then shut the door following her aunt into the kitchen.

"You hungry? You want some coffee?" Athena offered.

"Yes please!" Camille exclaimed.

Athena poured her a cup of coffee while Camille put a waffle and some eggs on a plate.

"Here you go dear."

"Thank you Auntie. So I know we didn't get a chance to finish our conversation about me joining SWAT."

It has been a few days since Camille told Athena about her job, but they haven't had a chance to actually talk about it yet.

"Well, I've heard how intense SWAT can be. Are sure this is what you wanna be doing? What you need to be doing?"

"Auntie, I've spent most of the past 2 years in Afghanistan and Iraq. I think I can handle LA."

"That's my point CC. You just recently came home from all that. Are you sure you wanna put yourself back in that kind of hectic environment?" Athena was just worried about her nieces well being.

"Auntie, I swear I'm fine. I know you're worried about my head but I'm good, I can handle it and more. And I promise if I'm ever not feeling fine I'll come talk to you or somebody else." She put her pinky out for Athena to grasp. She knows her aunt worries about her and she grateful that she does, because Lord knows her own mother doesn't.

"You are so childish" Athena laughed locking pinkies with Camille.

~
After their little breakfast chat the two women headed off to work, Athena in her red Mazda CX - 5 and Camille in the grey charger.

Camille's POV

I walk into the building with Victor, filling him in on the conversation I had with Aunt Athena this morning. He's the only one I talked to about it.

"So, she was really just worried that you might have like PTSD or something?"

"Pretty much. I promised her I that I'm good, and that if I'm ever not good, I'd talk to someone." I shrugged.