Chapter 13

Omniscient POV It's a month later, Buck has been recovering great and is taking his recertification, Athena and Bobby got married at city hall, and everyone is great

Omniscient POV
It's a month later, Buck has been recovering great and is taking his recertification, Athena and Bobby got married at city hall, and everyone is great. Oh and Buck and Ali broke up.

Camille's POV
I'm on my way to pick up Buck so I can get him to his surprise party. Tonight should be great considering he passed!
~
"I still can't believe Athena and Bobby got married and I wasn't invited." Buck has been fussing about it since the was out.

"It was a spur the moment type of thing, relax." All I could do was laugh.

We walk in while he's still going on about it being unfair.

"SURPRISE!" Everybody yelled. Buck jumped like he was bout to have stroke.

"What is this?!" He looked at us all shocked.

"It's for passing your recertification!" I could finally show how giddy I was wrapping my arms around his neck for a big hug.

We head out to the backyard to really celebrate him. Everybody's having a good time catching up.

"Guess who?" I say in a sing songs tune while covering Christopher's eye from behind.

"Is it Naomi Campbell?" He jokes around.

"How'd you know!" Step in front of him with my hands on my hips.

"I missed you!" He rushes in for a hug.

"I missed you too sweetie! How you liking the surfing lessons?"

"I'm really good." He smiled.

"I bet."

"You wanna show her the card you made for Buck?" Eddie nudged him.

"Yeah." He pulled out a little card from his pocket. It had a drawing of Buck in his uniform and Christopher with a surf board.

"Wow, look at you Picasso!" I looked up from my crouched position to see Buck walking towards us. "Why don't you go ahead and give it to him now."

"Buck!" Christopher lit up when he saw him coming.

I stepped away to give them a moment. I wound up chatting with Maddie and Chim.

"This has honestly been great!" Buck came up from behind me with his arm slightly grazing my hip.

"Glad you're having fun." Chim said.

One Maddie's friends was going around handing out cake.

"Ou there's cake!" Buck lit up. The man has serious sweet tooth.

"Two cakes." I peeped accepting a slice.

"Yeah we weren't exactly sure how today was gonna go so..." she shrugged passing a piece to Buck.

"Yep, we had another one on standby that said 'Better Buck Next Time!'" Chim said handing Maddie a piece as well.

She giggled while feeding him some cake which he gladly accepted.