part three

How the hell did I end up in this situation?

   The woman who was across from me, Violet, was lying across the couch with her eyes closed. I offered her food, but she declined and soon fell asleep. Fuck. I have a woman in my house. It had been years since I had even talked to a woman, let alone had one inside my cabin willingly.

   Isolation provided me with my sanity. Having interaction with people caused me to get nervous and shut down, more often than not. My father was the same way, and I wondered if I got it from him or if I was just made to be this way. When I was kid, there were more people to talk to, so it's not like I never had opportunities to become better at holding a conversation, but I was never interested. I used to think there was something wrong with me. Even whenever all of the guys in my grade were starting to get girlfriends, all that I wanted to do was help my dad. He owned a forester company and was technically training me to take over, but I would have never been able to do all that it takes to own a company. There are so many factors involved. I got off on working outside, with my hands, and sitting in an office like my father often did was not something that I wanted to do for the rest of my life.

   After I told my father this, he got angry. Thought that I was just lazy and didn't want to do the work that was going to be required, but it was the opposite. I couldn't do the work because I needed to be doing something, or I'd drive myself mad. He finally understood after explaining it several times, and my brother had been working at the company too, so he took over everything. He didn't work quite as much as me, but he was more equipped to deal with the business side of things, anyway. He was younger than me, and Killian was definitely the right man for the job. I was just an employee, but the best one there was, no doubt.

   Magnolia whimpered softly from her spot on the ground, looking at me and back to Violet with wide eyes. Yeah, I know how you feel. I didn't know how to act around her, what to say. And fuck, it just made it ten times worse that she was young and gorgeous.

   I wouldn't say that I wished this would have happened to someone else. I just wish it didn't happen at all.

   She was lying on her side, her left hand under her head and her right hanging off the couch, and her sweater was riding up against her side, showing off her curves. She was so tiny, curled up on my couch. I don't think I'd ever seen a woman so small other than my grandmother. She would be about the same height as Violet, if she stood up straight and her shoulders weren't hunched, which would mean Violet is about 5'2. Shit, I wonder if she was scared of me. I was over a foot taller than her, with a deep voice and as people used to tell me, "A look that intimidates a lot of people at first glance." I didn't mean to be intimidating, but in some way it wasn't so bad. I didn't like talking to people and they were less inclined to talk to me if I was scary looking.

   Her hair was dark and long, reaching all the way to the bottom part of her back, and I longed to run my fingers through it. It had been probably over a decade since I had been with a woman, and my hand did me just fine. It has since the beginning. The few women I had been with in the past didn't leave me with good experiences, more shame than anything. They always teased me about not lasting long enough to please them, or not even knowing the right techniques to make it good for them. So, I didn't try anymore. They all said the same thing, and since then I hadn't thought about trying to bed a woman.

  With this curvy, beautiful woman next to me, though, I longed for something that I hadn't in a long time. A connection. Christ, all for a woman who was injured and asleep right now. I'm an asshole for even thinking these things, and even more of an asshole for having a semi from just looking at her.

Years and years, I had practiced control, but nothing had ever tested it so much, either. I needed to do something. Something to distract me. It was already late at night, but the fire was dying down and we needed more wood. To last the rest of the night.

   We. The word came so naturally that I almost stumbled. Stop it, you don't even know her. And she definitely doesn't want a scary looking dude like you. My conscience, no matter how rude, was right. It had been too long since I had a woman, these desires were deep buried and I didn't want to bring them up anymore.

   No more. God, that was so much easier said than done.

__________________________________

i am very sorry that this so short. a lot of the chapters are short, i just feel like i can't find a better place to leave off without it being too long. this is the best i could do. also, i am not a man so forgive me if this is terrible.