Chapter 5: Truth or Dare

"Truth or Dare?" Sameer asked her, and Naina felt afraid of what was to come. 

"D - Dare," she said, "N - No truth. No... Dare!" 

What if he asked her something embarrassing? 

"Okay, I dare you to go to the other side of the school, alone, and come back," Sameer said with a smirk. 

Why was he after her like this? Did he find it funny that she was so afraid?

"Why?" she asked, pouting. 

"Because it's a dare. I'm supposed to dare you to do something you don't want to do," he said matter-of-factly. 

"Okay fine," she said and balled her hands into fists, trying to get some courage, ready to head the other direction towards the the end of the hall. 

Then, closing her eyes, Naina ran as fast as she could all the way across the hall, as Sameer watched her amused. 

The crazy girl is running with her eyes closed, he thought. What if she gets hurt?

For some reason, that was bothering him, and so he quietly started to follow her to make sure she didn't hurt herself. 

What he didn't realize was that Naina Aggarwal knew this school inside out. She knew where everything was so well, that even with her eyes closed, she would be able to navigate this place. She made it to the end of the hall, and ran all the way back, eyes still closed, almost stumbling into Sameer on the way. However, he had moved out of the way, watching her with a smile on his face. 

This girl was not exactly what he thought she was. She was different. 

When she got back to the front entrance, she huffed, panting for air, eyes springing open, only to see Sameer smiling and walking towards her a few feet away. 

"You were following me?" she asked, "You didn't stay here?" 

"I didn't want you to get hurt," he replied, and she felt a blush creep up on her cheeks. 

"Oh," she whispered, and sat back down on the bench. He was so caring, and this was making her fall harder for him.  

Sameer, on his way to sit down, accidentally pushed his bag down, where a pack of cigarettes fell out. 

Naina's eyes landed on those cigarettes and she felt her heart sink. 

Cigarettes were bad for health. From what she knew, only bad people smoked cigarettes. Her chachaji was so against smoking that he even said he refused to wed Pooja didi to a smoker. If Sameer smoked, how could she ever be with him? 

Sameer quickly pushed the cigarettes back in his bag. 

"Munna and Pandit, they just throw rubbish in my bag," he told her, averting his eyes. 

He was lying. They were his cigarettes, but he knew that a behenji like Naina would judge him for it. 

Naina smiled, breathing a sigh of relief. Her Sameer was a good person. They definitely could not be his cigarettes! 

"Oh," she said. "Cigarette smoking is injurious to health." 

"Right..." Sameer murmured, and tried to change the subject, "Your turn. You get to ask me truth or dare now."

"Truth or dare?" she asked him.  

He was curious to see what kind of dare the behenji would give him, but he was too afraid of her daring him to study or something like that, so he quickly said, "Truth."