Chapter 13: His Love Confession

When they reached their accommodation, everyone separated into rooms. Swati and Naina were staying together while Sameer was with Munna and Pandit both.

It was night time when they arrived, so Shanti ma'am told everyone to go to sleep, and they would go for an outing in the morning. However, Naina was feeling anxious and restless. She wanted to see Sameer. 

"Naina!" Swati said, breaking Naina from her reverie. 

"Hmm?" Naina asked. 

"What's gotten into you? You're so different," Swati said, shaking her head. "Don't you think it's too early to sleep?"

Naina nodded. Normally, she would have told Swati to just go to sleep, but right now she was missing Sameer. She wanted to go out and meet him. They didn't get to spend a lot of time together, but now that they started to, he was slowly becoming like a drug for her. 

Sameer Maheshwari was beginning to addict her. 

There was a knock on the door, and Naina opened it. It was Munna and Pandit. 

"What are you two doing here?" Swati yelled. 

"Shhh," Pandit said, then looked at Naina, "Sameer's calling you." 

At the mention of Sameer, Swati grinned, as if she was expecting for Sameer to call. 

"Sameer's calling?" Swati asked, and Naina blushed. 

"Where is he?" Naina asked. 

Swati looked at Naina with surprise. Her best friend was the last person who would break the rules. 

"Outside in the garden," Munna said, "But be quiet. If the teachers catch us, then we will be in trouble." 

Naina nodded, and started to head out. Swati started to follow Naina too, but Munna blushed and said, "Pandit, you want to go out with me too?"

"I would love to!" Pandit responded, fluttering his eyelids. 

"Shut up," Swati said and pushed past Munna and Pandit to go and see what Sameer was upto. 

Surely Sameer was calling her! But Naina's behaviour was certainly weird. The ardent rule-follower was sneaking out in the middle of the night on a school trip, and the last thing she remembered about Naina and Sameer's relationship was that Naina told on Sameer for cheating on the exam. How come her best friend was so fond of him all of a sudden? 

Naina ran outside, hoping that the teachers were all fast asleep. 

Sameer who was seated under the moonlight in his long-sleeved blue pyjamas was just enjoying the breeze. 

Naina smiled and joined him, sitting next to him. She was also wearing her purple pajamas which was a long kurta with salwar pants. She had a brown shawl draped over her shoulders as well.

"Hi Naina," he said, smiling at her, for some reason feeling truly happy that she was here. 

"Hi Sameer," she replied, blushing. 

"We can't stay here," he said to her. 

"Why?" Naina asked. 

"If the teachers wake up and see us here, we will be in trouble. Let's go somewhere further," he told her. 

"Where?" Naina asked. 

"Follow me," he said, and stood up. 

Before she knew it, she was following him, her heart beating out of fear and adrenaline. She never thought that she would break the rules like this, for a boy she didn't even know more than three months ago.