Chapter 9: Mission Kiss Naina Aggarwal

In Naina's house, Pooja didi's wedding preparations were going on. Pooja didi was going to get married in another month, and the whole house was excited. The most excited though, was Pooja didi. 

"Varun is going to take me to Shimla for our honeymoon," Pooja didi was gushing to Naina and Preeti. 

Preeti was very interested to hear about the honeymoon stories. "That sounds so fun! You will get to travel and take lots of pictures," Preeti said, and then she leaned close to Naina and Pooja didi, "And maybe Varun will ..." she lowered her voice. "Kiss you!"

Pooja didi hid her face in her hands, blushing, and Naina slapped Preeti's arms. "Chhhhiiii," she said, "That's gross."

"What do you mean that's gross? In the movies when the flowers meet, it means they kiss!" Preeti said, "Duh! All lovers do it after marriage!"

Naina was pushing thoughts of Sameer away from her head, so she didn't even dare to think of such a scenario between her and Sameer. She didn't even know what her reaction would be if such a time arrived. 

In those days, since there was no internet, it was hard to get to know of such things. Naina, Preeti and Pooja did not know anything about sex education. Their families also wouldn't ever be open about such matters. Things were kept very quiet back then. 

A kiss was the final stage, according to Naina and Preeti. They didn't have the slightest clue about anything beyond that.

"Stop it you two," Pooja didi said shyly, "You're embarrassing me." 

"After you kiss, then there will be babies!" Preeti exclaimed, and nearly jumped on the bed, when Bela Chachi came in. Naina pinched Preeti's arms to tell her to be quiet. If Bela Chachi heard what they were saying, it would be way too embarrassing and they would get in trouble. 

The colour drained from Preeti's face. 

"What are you two doing here? There are lots of preparations to be done. Get up and do them," Bela ordered to Naina and Preeti. 

The two of them immediately got up, blushing. 

--

A kiss

All he was planning to do was kiss Naina in front of her dad, but he couldn't force it. He was not that kind of guy who would ever do something like that. What he could do was make Naina willingly kiss him. 

That too, he had to plan it perfectly so that Rakesh Aggarwal caught it. He might get beaten black and blue for it, but so would Naina. She would have no respect left in this place. It would be worth it. 

He had nothing more to lose.

The next day when he went to school, Naina avoided him, and he saw that in her eyes there was something -- not exactly anger, but some kind of pain. He didn't know what was wrong with her, but he had a goal. So he walked over to Naina in class and he said, "Naina, can I speak to you?"

Naina who was sitting next to Swati, ignored him. 

"Hi Sameer," Swati said with a cheerful smile. She looked happy that Sameer was speaking to them.

Naina looked into her notebook so intensely that Sameer wondered how she wasn't burning it with her eyes.

"Hi Swati," Sameer said. "Can you sit with Munna today please?" 

Swati looked confused. "Why Sameer?" she asked.

"I want to say something to Naina," Sameer responded.