4 - Green-Eyed Guys

"It would only be until I find a place to stay, Mr. Wayne. I am shifting to Gotham with my friends after all." I said, clutching my side, which Jason shoved hardly. That idiot must have not understood his own strength yet.

"That's perfectly fine, Ms. Dupain-Cheng. Please make yourself at home." Mr. Wayne says, smiling at me. I visibly glowed. "Thank you, Bruce." Jason says.

"Why are we letting a harlot live in this house?"

A guy standing behind Bruce arrogantly steps forward, glaring at me. The rude-ass guy had brown hair and emerald eyes. Tan skin. I guess he wasn't from around here. He just continued glaring at me, his eyes darkening into a dark shade of green. I felt myself becoming more nervous. What is with me and green-eyed boys??

What did I even do? Have we met before? I was going to say something, but Selena beat me to it. "This harlot is staying because I said so. And you just earned yourself a job." she says, glaring at the brunette.

"...what job?" he asked, hesitatingly. "You are going to give Marinette here, a tour around the house!" she exclaimed, smiling.

Did I hear that right? He's giving me a tour? I don't even need a tour. I look at the mansion towering over me. Okay- maybe I do need a tour. But why him?!? The brunette opened his mouth to argue, but seeing the look Mr. Wayne was giving him, decided to shut up.

We walked into the mansion, my mouth agape. I always wanted a house like this. Not this big, but this beautiful. The black rock walls looked old, and with the wooden furniture, the house gave off this aesthetic antique vibe.

Jason stuck to a tall ravenette while walking in, whispering something which everyone heard clearly. "Didn't you go to the company?" he whispered aggressively. "No. Barbara said she'll go since she was there anyway." the ravenette whispered back.

The introductions started on the way inside.

"Okay, so first, there is Richard Grayson, the oldest of them all, but call him Dick, he insists. I'm next, cause- ...just because. Anyway, then there is Tim Drake, the nerd, and lastly Damian Wayne, who is as rude as ever." says Jason, pointing to each of them, sighing at the end.

Damian Wayne. That's his name, huh?

"Then there are the girls, Barbara Gordon, my girlfriend and Stephanie Brown, Tim's girlfriend. There is also Kori Anders, Dick's wife and their child Mari Grayson who are- where are they again? Oh yeah. They're at Bludhaven right now. And then there's Alfred, the granddad."

"Huge family." I state, looking at Jason. "Yeah." he replies. "Jase.." I say, turning serious. "What?" he asks, just as we reach the living room. "You said they were the dumbest people in the world, but they seem fine. Except Dami over there." I say, giving the brunette a side eye.

I looked at Dick and Tim, who smiled through the embarrassment.

"Ha, Dami? I think you'll fit right in here. Dick calls him Little' D and I call him Demon Spawn. Nice right?" he asks me. I start laughing. I tried really hard not to. Trust me. But Little D? Oh My God! I would pity the poor guy, but I'm pretty sure he deserves it or something.

"Shut up Dupain-Cheng." said the now angry Damian, imaginary steam coming out his ears. Yeah, I would have the same reaction if someone I don't know suddenly started insulting me. "Okay geez! You don't have to be mean about it." I say, holding my hands up like I surrender.

Damian suddenly turns and walks away. Still pissed I see. He walks up the stairs. Well- sprints up the stairs. Realization suddenly hits me as I followed him up the stairs trying to catch up.

"Mari! Where are you going?" shouts Jason, from the foot of the staircase. "He's giving me the tour, remember? I am not getting lost in this house if I can help it!" I shouted, running up the stairs and into a long corridor.

"Let's catch up later!" I hear Jason shout. I smiled, slowing down. Yeah, we really need to talk.

.......

"So... Jason." asked Dick, when Jason walked away from the staircase and towards the sofa. "Yeah?" replied back Jason, with a small smile on his face. "You told Marinette that we were the dumbest people ever?"

"Did you really?" asked Tim, joining in on what Dick was doing. Dick slowly walked towards the unsuspecting Jason, rubbing his fists and getting warmed up. Tim cornered the boy from the other side.

"Yeah, I did. And what are you pissed for? It's not like I'm lying or something." says Jason, casually turning around. His eyes widen as he realizes what was going on.

"JASON, YOU SHITHEAD-"

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!?"

Dick and Tim shouted at the same time, lunging at the guy who stood near the sofa, tackling him onto it. And then began another fight between the residents of Wayne Manor, as the owner and his girlfriend watched from afar, shaking their heads in disappointment.

Same shit, different day.

.......

I catch Damian just in time, right before he turned a corner. I followed him as he practically sprinted through the halls with his long legs. Seriously, what's the rush?

I don't think he noticed me coming. Or he did, and just ignored me. How rude of him. I run behind him, barely having time to see the beautiful paintings hung up on the walls. I couldn't even remember which way I was coming from. I tried to remember the way, but it was of no use.

Left. Right. Right. Right. Up the stairs. Left. Left- and then he took a sharp turn to the right.

I pause, and lean against the wall, panting like hell. I'm not used to running so much without the suit. Sheesh, I need to start working out. I continued on my way, taking a sharp right, just like he did. No one. There was no one in the corridor. I was confused as hell.

Didn't Damian come this way? Or did he pass through already? Why is he so fast?!?

I walked forward slowly down the corridor, deciding to simply admire the beautiful paintings clocks and lights adorning the walls on both sides. Suddenly, a hand grabbed me, and pulled me into a room, the door slamming shut behind us.

I was this close to screaming. I really was. All I could see was a dark silhouette of a person, because sunlight was coming from the window behind him. The silhouette then put a hand on my mouth. "Don't shout." said a voice. I really familiar voice.

It was then I opened my eyes and recognized the forest green eyes staring at me. Damian.

"WHAT THE HELL DAMIAN!" I shouted, ignoring his warning from before. My heart was beating so fast. I pushed him away from me, as he willingly took a few steps back.

"I told you to not shout." he says. I scoff. Right, because that was so important right now. "And why should I listen?" I say, challenging him.

This time, he scoffs. "Stop acting like you know me. Seriously, it's annoying." he says, glaring at me. I roll my eyes, turning around to open the door. "Whatever..." I mumbled quietly, placing my hand on the doorknob.

"Why were you following me?" he asks again, after noticing that I've ignored his question. "...you're giving me the tour remember? Or did your pea sized brain forget that already?" I ask him, opening the door.

The silence remained for some time as I waited for his answer. I didn't get one, as he slipped past me and into the hallway.

"I did not think you would care." he said, walking away.

.......

[Q.] Describe Jason in one word.