22 - 'Small' Fight

The room was quiet.

Too quiet, really.

The only sound you could hear was the sound of utensils clinking against each other loudly. Obviously, Bruce and the Waynes (except Damian) tried to start up a conversation to keep up their playboy image, but it failed badly.

The contributing factors were- Jason wouldn't bother to even look at Lila when she spoke. Stephanie and Barbara took chances roasting the class in their faces, hidden behind their sweet smiles.

Tim was busy being half-dead, while Damian was death-glaring at his food, ignoring all human interaction. Unfortunately, no one had wanted to sit next to Lila, and Damian was the last one to come in.

There was only one seat left; next to Lila.

I'll admit. I had to stifle my laughter when I noticed. The brunette had tried so hard to get Dick to switch with him but gave up when Dick muttered something about 'My revenge for what you did this morning.'

Knowing Damian, it was well deserved.

Everything was going moderately good. Except, now Damian had to sit next to Lila and listen to her bullshit the whole time.

The class was busy on their side of the table, immersed in individual conversations. Chatter ultimately surrounded the table, but no one stops to hear a dog barking. So yes, the room was silent.

The calm before the storm.

"Oh, Marinette. I heard you're shifting to Gotham!" Lila started, excitement mixed with sadness and even fear. "Really? Is it true?" Alix speaks up, after finally giving up on talking to Tim, who sat across her. Tim, the guy she had a celebrity crush on for years.

I shared an uncomfortable glance with Alya and somehow, Bruce, before replying. "Yes. It's... true." I say, hesitantly. Lila smirked at me victoriously. She hid it behind her hair as she gulped, starting to shake.

"Marinette. A-are you leaving because of me? I-i played along with your schemes." she spewed. I looked at her confused, but before I could say something, Jason did. "Schemes?" he asked.

Lila's eyes filled with tears.

"Marinette told me that she would hurt my family if I tried to tell the truth. S-she also told me that she would leave only if she had completed her goal. To make sure I would stay away from Adrien." Lila rushed out, as Alix scrambled to comfort her.

Ugh, Adrien again?

"Did you really say that, Marinette?" Rose asked. I scoffed. "I-i think Lila is telling the truth." Juleka spoke up. "Marinette is shifting with her friends, right? That means Adrien is shifting too. So ultimately, Lila will be far away from Adrien." she theorized.

The class oohed and aahed in understanding.

"How cruel of you, Marinette!"

"Why would you do that?"

"Adrien, why are you friends with her?"

"She's using you, Adrien!"

I held my head in annoyance. Bruce and the others looked pretty pissed, but were holding their own due to their images. Damain was staring at Lila in amusement, probably wondering how the class was manipulated so easily.

"What the hell, Lila?! Can you just shut up, for god's sake!" Chloe was the first to burst. She stood up, slamming her hands on the table as her chair fell back with a bang. Alfred rushed in after hearing the noise.

"W-what do you mean?" Lila asked, hiccuping and bursting into tears. "I'm sick of hearing the same bullshit and seeing the same tricks. Can you at least be creative with your lies?" Chloe screamed out.