8 - Misunderstandings

When I opened my eyes again, it was morning.

The darkness of the night I had just experienced had turned bright, with rays of sunlight penetrating their way into the closed screens. My alarm didn't ring, presumably because it had run out of charge, but I got up anyway.

In my sleepy state, I could barely recognize the place I was in, eyes blurry. I panicked for a minute, before realizing that I knew the somehow-unfamiliar green which tainted the walls.

Damian's room.

I pushed away the comforter, seeing how I still had Damian's shirt on. The white shirt smelt like lavender and a musky, fresh scent. It smelt like rain. I was guessing the lavender was the smell of the detergent used to wash the clothes, as the bed sheets also smelt the same.

Then Damian must smell like rain.

Smiling at the thought, I tried to get up. I moved my legs to the edge of the bed and pushed myself up, but there was a heavy weight holding me back. I look down to see someone's arm on my waist, pulling me back.

Did I sleep with someone already?!

I saw Damian, sleeping peacefully, his arms around my waist, and his legs which were probably tangled with mine before I moved them. Oh god, Damian is going to kill me when he wakes up.

The worst thing was, we promised ourselves that we would stay on our own sides. I should have put back the pillow when I woke up in the night. He might get the wrong idea.

Suddenly, he pulls me towards him by my waist. With the force he applied, I was pulled against him, snuggling against his chest. He rests his head in the space between my neck and shoulder.

I start blushing because of our close proximity. "Uh, Damian? Dami, wake up." I say, softly. No response. I slowly try to wiggle out of his grasp, but he pulls me even closer. Oh come on.

I groaned as he tightened his grip. Did he think I was a pillow? Or was he dreaming about choking someone to death? If it was the latter, I might be slightly in danger. If I was the person he was dreaming about choking, then my death was certain.

"Dami~" I blew into his ear, making his move his head away. Although, that didn't mean he was awake. I gave up on waking him up and simply laid in his arms, closing my eyes and enjoying the little comfort and warmth he gave me.

It had been a while since I was held like this.

The last time I was cuddled like this must have been while I was dating Luka, and it had been almost 11 months since then. Admittedly, three months after that, I had gotten crazily depressed and went sleeping around a lot.

I craved love. One I couldn't get while loving Adrien or dating Luka. Back when I was actually popular and my reputation was intact, all I got was admiration or praise, usually half-hearted.

In school, people usually treated me like a Goddess. They kindly ignored me until they needed a favor or help in something only I could do. It drove me insane. So much that it was enough to drive me into random clubs every two days.

And then, I would wake up in some stranger's bed.

When Lila came around spreading lies, she had also mentioned that I used to sleep around. Maybe that was the only thing she had told that wasn't a lie, hitting the nail right where it hurt.

She brought out proof, which were obviously photo shopped pictures of me with random men, but I was scared she might have stumbled upon some real ones. Those were the times where nightmares plagued me everyday and I couldn't sleep a wink.

While I lay reminiscing about my past, Damian stirred in his sleep. And suddenly, I had a great idea. "Damian, Jason stole your favorite katana." I whispered in his ear, giggling. I open my eyes to see his reaction.