43 - Approval No.1

"Fancy a new suit, Angel?"

I stared at Damian in confusion.

"I-i, what?" I stuttered out, shocked. "Come on, love." he says again, smiling. "I saw the condition of your suit yesterday. It was torn; you need a new one." he says, trying to convince me. Oh right.

There was a tear in my suit, where the gangster had stabbed me.

"I- uh, it's fine. I can get one by myself." I said, smiling at his concern. "Are you sure? Because even giving you hundreds of these would not make a dent in my bank account." says Damian, holding my hand and pulling me closer.

"I know, Dami. Money isn't the problem." I say, giggling. "I want to design it myself." I say again, looking into his eyes. "Is that it? You can do it here." he says, frowning. I stared at him in confusion.

My eyes widened in surprise.

"All you have to do is upload the suit design and the computer will make it." he says. I gaped at the brunette in shock. It was that easy for them? Man, rich people really have it easy.

"What? Father has been doing this for years." he says, as if it was normal to have military-grade equipment below your multi-billion dollar company. Hell, it wasn't even normal to own a multi-billion dollar company.

"It took me three weeks to get a finished suit undetected." I muttered, Damian laughing at my comment. "But still, Dami, I can't take it. Suits are expensive." I said. "Especially the one you just mentioned."

"Mari, I just told you that it would not matter."

"Damian, money can't buy everything."

"People who say that just do not have enough money."

I stared at Damian, who raised an eyebrow at me. Well- he had a point. I almost screamed in frustration. "Whatever, Dami, I still can't take it- WOAH! What are you doing?!?" Damian pulled me onto his lap aggressively.

"Just take it before I change my mind and break up with you." he says.

"Would you really do that?"

"...No."

I grinned widely at his response, watching his lips curve up slightly after looking at me. He leans in slowly, staring at my lips. I grab his chin, forcing his eyes to look into mine. He looks at me, confused.

I slam my lips onto his, resting my arms on the back of the chair he was sitting on. He slides his hand over my waist, holding me in place. It was so warm; I wanted to stay like this forever.

But unfortunately, my body decided that it just needed oxygen.

I pull away, panting. Damian just grins at me. "What?" I whispered. The brunette doesn't reply, pulling me into another kiss, more amazing than the other. Who was this guy and where did he learn to kiss like this?

The world had stopped.

Well- until someone violently coughed behind us.

I pulled away, stumbling away from Damian and the chair, catching my balance while leaning on the wall behind. I didn't dare turn around, hoping it wasn't someone I knew. For once, luck was on my side, as Damian muttered out an unfamiliar name.

"Lucius? What are you doing here?"

I immediately turned around, wondering who this 'Lucius' was, and why Damian didn't seem all too surprised to see him. In front of me stood a dark-skinned man, grinning widely at Damian. "Who the hell is this?" I whispered to Damian.

Right before the brunette could answer me, the man introduced himself.

"Nice to meet you, Ms. Queen-Walker. I am Lucius Fox, CEO of Wayne Enterprises. The one who runs the business when Bruce Wayne is whiling his time away at parties, or is busy with... his nightly activities."