9

"I wanna fight a kangaroo!"

"Me too!"

Jaehyun sighed not so quietly.

That was probably their longest morning meeting since... a long time. Yesterday when Taeyong and Doyoung got back from that ridiculous meeting, Jaehyun was waiting for their report. Hearing that Neugdae's boss was invited to speak with still unknown someone from still unknown something – saying that it made him nervous was a misunderstanding.

Basically they agreed to go to Australia (at least that's what Hwang and Han told them) without checking almost anything (almost because Haechan was still working on the report), sending their boss and... Exactly who else?

"Guys, please focus..." Doyoung said to Devilish Duo. He saw that Jaehyun was stressed enough and boys weren't helping at all.

Renjun and YangYang looked at him and then at their boss. They slightly lowered heads and whispered something what might've been some kind of apology.

Jaehyun mouthed little "Thank you" to Doyoung, raised head and soon directed everyone at the table "I can't take you all with me. We need to be careful and not to be offensive but RenYang – from our group you're most likely to do or say something which may cause us trouble so you're staying here for sure."

Disappointed hum was heard when Renjun and YangYang leaned back in their seat crossing arms and pouting.

Ignoring them, Mr. Jung continued "Same goes for you Lucas."

Wong looked surprised at his boss "WHAT?! But I'm your bodyguard! B-O-D-Y-G-O... Come on man!"

"Lucas – we all know that you're a great bodyguard but sometimes you're also quite clumsy. And we need to minimalize the risk of any slips." Jaehyun saw that Chinese wasn't convinced "Also I can't take ALL of my guards to Australia. You'll stay here protecting Doyoung. Jungwoo is staying too so yeah."

"Okay wait..." Doyoung interrupted "Maybe instead of saying who's staying, just tell us who's coming with you?"

"Yeah, I guess that'd be faster..." Jaehyun cleared throat and started explaining "First of all, I need Johnny and V – they are fluent in English. We don't know if the people we're going to meet are Korean or if the two men from the meeting will be present. I also don't want to rely on any of their translators."

"Aren't you fluent in English too?" Taeyong asked a bit surprised.

"I am fluent when it comes to normal conversations but I don't feel very confident in negotiations. I'm still working on it..."

"Oh okay..." that was all Taeyong had to say. He made a little resolution that next year he will focus on studying English. Yes, he could have a normal conversation with someone but his skills were... let's say at a very average level.

To be honest, last time he had to use English was when few months ago, a tourist asked him where she could eat late at night. Since then, he became lazy... He thought that since they had Johnny, Mark, V and now even Mido, Neugdae didn't need any more translators.

Taeyong was proved wrong when one time during mission he almost got killed because some unfair dealers thought they could start working on their own and decided to stab Tae. If not for his fast reflex, he would be dead by now. Taeyong made a resolution that he would start studying for real but well... Being main bodyguard of Neugdae's right hand, going out for unexpected missions and being in charge of recruits dorm is making studying a little hard to do.

Okay Taeyong. If Jaehyun is working on it, so can you. It's time to polish your English for REAL this time.

Man was brought back to reality when another person decided to join the conversation.

"Let me use my amazing math skills." Jaemin spoke up. He lifted a finger "One – you don't feel safe going there and you're actually scared if someone wants to kill you."

Jaehyun nodded so Nana lifted another finger "You are taking my Buttercup..." after receiving another nod from their boss, boy put his fingers together "As far as I know – one plus one equals two so..." Jaemin pouted the same way RenYang were doing a few minutes ago "It means that you're taking both twins, right?"

At his words, said twins looked up at Mr. Jung waiting for an answer. Jaehyun looked at Lee siblings and replied "Yes – Jeno is coming with us."

"Plus it's an intelligence operation so does it mean..." Jaemin continued "that I'm going too?"

"No."

"No?"

"No."

That was probably first time when Jaehyun managed to surprise pink haired boy. Not only him. Everyone at the table was looking at him with round eyes.

"Hyung – let me get this straight." Mark started raising both hands trying to understand the situation "You're going on a business mission where you need to get to know possible ally, you're taking three bodyguards – two of them being THE LEE FUCKING TWINS – and you're not taking your best spy AKA Jaemin Na?"

"Yes."

Dumbfounded Mark looked at others and seeing the same expression on their faces he narrowed eyes and simply asked "Why?"

"Jaemin will have his assigned tasks. And I hope he didn't forget about the "thing" he needs to do." Jaehyun ended sending a knowing look towards their spy master.

Nana sighed deeply "Ughhh... This work isn't fun anymore... It's boring!"

"Jaemin-ah..." Mr. Jung looked at him with seriousness in eyes. When boy finally understood the warning, Jaehyun continued in more neutral voice "Jaemin stays here – Taeyong comes with us."

"What a surprise." Yuta joked.

"Jaemin and Xiaojun both trained him well. Also Doyoung and I agreed that he's ready to take the role of the main spy during mission." Jaehyun made a little pause and shrugged slightly shoulders "Not that he won't be a bodyguard. I mean... It's never too little people watching my back, right?"

Everyone hummed or nodded in response.

"Great." Jaehyun said "So it's settled then – Johnny, Taeyong, Jeno and V are going with me to Australia. Hwang said that they will assist us during the trip so we need to be cautious the moment we set a foot on an airport. And after that – we'll need to be ULTRA careful in Australia." He said and turned to their hacker "Haechan-ah, did you get anything?"

"Actually yes – quite a lot."

Jaehyun smirked satisfied "Then tell us more."

-- .- -..

-.-. .. - -.--

Who else watched "Squid game" in one sitting?
8pm till 4:30am with Nishimura Riki's twin sister lmao

Also, can't believe that I'm going back to uni in a week...