Chapter 26 - Confrontation

It was supposed to be just another normal day. One of the crew of OITNB was throwing a party and all the cast and crew were there. They were all like a family to each other that they almost never missed any important event in each other’s lives.

                Taylor was at a corner enjoying some alone time when Ruby came by. “Hi, sweet thing. Is it okay to bother you for a while?”

                “Oh, hi! Of course!” Taylor said as she put her drink down.

                “What’s up? No plans of joining the gang?” She motioned to some of the cast members dancing around.

                “Maybe later, I kind of feel exhausted.”

               Ruby smiled. She was looking at her phone and seemed like she was texting someone.

                Taylor took that time to look at her and it was the first time she had actually allowed herself to really stare. She’s never tried doing that before because she knew how Laura felt towards their co-star and she thought doing so was tantamount to a bit of a betrayal, even though ‘betrayal’ was too strong a word for it. This was the first time she’s paid attention to her face, and she was surprised to find her really attractive. The only woman she had felt this towards was Laura so it was new to her looking at another woman like this.  

                “Hey, you okay??”

                Taylor was snapped out of her thoughts when Ruby clicked her fingers right in front of her. “Y-yeah, I’m okay. Why??” She silently scolded herself for losing her mind even just for a tiny bit there.

                “For a while there, you looked as if you spaced out. If it wasn’t a ridiculous idea, I’d think you were checking me out,” joked Ruby, showing all her perfectly white teeth.

                “Checking you what?” Taylor laughed ridiculously. “You wish,” she was laughing but deep inside she wanted to scream at herself for such a dumb move.

                “Yeah, I wish. I was kidding!” Ruby paused, assessing Taylor’s mood before speaking her thoughts. “Anyway, I’m glad you and Laura seemed to be doing well around each other now. And I mean, really well. I’ve seen you talking a while ago, and I haven’t seen you that way since you were still together.”

                “Yeah,” Taylor smiled. “I’m glad, too. We’ve found a way to work it out, you know. Be friends. I never thought it’d work, but so far, it’s working, so it’s great! We’re great.”

                “That’s awesome. It’s also cool that you’re back in the dating scene now.”

                This surprised Taylor. “Dating? I haven’t gone out with anyone yet ever since we’ve broken up.” She raised her eyebrows, waiting for Ruby’s response.

                “Oh, so it’s just Laura then?”

                “Laura? Laura’s dating?” Taylor wasn’t prepared for the rush of feelings that came towards her after finding out about this.

                “Yeah, she’s dated like three, four guys ever since you two broke it off. Didn’t you know?” She stopped when she saw Taylor’s reaction, realizing the blonde had no idea about this yet. “Fuck, you didn’t,” she muttered to herself. “I thought... I thought you knew. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have--”