Chapter 7 - Finally!

There had been numerous times when the two of them had kissed, but this time it was different. Aside from the fact that there were no cameras around and no 40 plus people watching them, this one sent shivers all over Laura’s spine. Sensation shot through her, hot and sweet. It was a soft kiss, both of them trying to assess each other, waiting for the other one to respond.

                They let go and stared at each other, neither spoke as they didn’t need any words at that moment. All they needed was their bodies calling to each other through communication only they would understand.

                Then, Taylor’s head came forward as she again took Laura’s mouth into hers. This time, there was no holding back. The kiss deepened, both of them wanting more. Laura felt an urge to whimper. Her hands went to Taylor’s face and pulled her closer to her. Taylor then did the same but slowly caressed her hands way down to Laura’s body, feeling every inch of her.

                Laura’s arms were around Taylor now, crushing the breath from her, and it wasn’t enough. She heard the blonde moan into her mouth and that made Laura pull her body closer to hers. Her mouth was bruising her, her tongue filling her mouth, and again, it wasn’t enough. They felt like there was a need to hurry, as if time was running after them. As if they were running out of it. Both had abandoned sanity and control. Taylor’s hands raked at the fabric of Laura’s shirt, furious with that barrier.

                Then, as if alarms had gone off inside Laura’s head, she tore her mouth from Taylor’s, gripping her shoulders so hard it hurt.

                “T-Taylor, don’t.” She was breathing so heavily, disappointment flooding through her veins. She didn’t wanna stop but they had to.

                “Wh-why? What’s wrong?”

                “Y-you can’t... do this.” Laura sat on the bed and avoided meeting Taylor’s eyes.

                “Do what?” Taylor didn’t understand what went wrong. She knew Laura wanted it, wanted her. She could feel it. And Taylor wanted Laura, too. She could still taste her in her mouth.

                “This! You can’t just kiss me and whatever the hell that was just because... just because you want to make me feel better. I, uh, I appreciate the gesture but I don’t want that. I don’t NEED that. I can take care of myself.”

                “What are you talking about?? You think I go around kissing people just to make them feel better? I’m going to ask you this question again and I hope this would be the last time that I do. What kind of person do you think I am??” Taylor chuckled.

                Laura tried to smile but she couldn’t. She couldn’t find any reason to joke around when every part of her was screaming at her, wondering why she stopped what seemed like the best thing that’s happened to her in weeks. “Stop it. I’m serious.”

                Taylor stopped smiling. “Laura, so am I. I’m not doing this just to make you feel better.” She sat down on the bed, trying to catch Laura’s eyes. “Don’t you get it?”

                “Get what?”

                “Look at me.”

                Laura did.

                “All those times that you were avoiding me, do you know how crazy that made me? Have you not counted the times I tried to call you or left a message on your machine? Haven’t any of your friends told you how much I’ve bothered them just to know where you were or even just to bring a message to you?”