Chapter 29 - Confusion

When Laura and Taylor were out of the room they were locked in, Natasha immediately confessed to the crime. She knew they were gonna get mad at her, and she was right. It took Laura almost a week to forgive her, but thankfully, Taylor was a bit more forgiving so she was the one who had managed to make Laura forgive their friend for her little trick. Now, they were all back to normal.

                Taylor and Laura just got from a Netflix meeting, getting ready to go home.

                “Hey, Tay? Are you coming to Wiley’s party tonight?” Samira was throwing a party at her house and everyone from the Orange family was invited.

                “Oh yeah! You wanna go together?”

                “Oh...” Laura muttered, surprised by Taylor’s question. “Uhm, I had actually planned to go with Tasho,” she added, awkwardly. She never thought Taylor would ask her this. “But... you can just come with us.”

                Taylor felt embarrassed for even asking. How could she ask such a dumb question? “Oh no, no, no. It’s okay. I’ll just go on my own. I still have to do something anyway,” she answered as casual as she could. She wanted to let Laura know that it was okay, even if she wanted to just run away from her as soon as she could.

                “Are you sure?” the black-haired asked, unconvinced of Taylor’s answer.

                “Yeah.” She didn’t know what else to say so she just decided to leave. Maybe that could save her from her embarrassment. “So, uh, I gotta go. I have this thing, uhm... See you tonight?”

                “Yeah. See you.” Laura didn’t know if she should go hug her goodbye or not, but then decided to do so, and then regretted it the moment they let go of each other, because it was the most awkward hug ever. Sighing, she could only look at Taylor as she walked away from her.

-o-o-o-

                “Come on, admit it. You have got to have felt a little something there.” It was Natasha, still trying to make Laura admit that she felt something for Taylor again because of what happened. They were already at Samira’s party.

                “Yeah, I did,” agreed Laura. “I felt mad. At you.”

                Tasho laughed. “What? You didn’t even know it was me.”

                “Who else would do something like that other than you??” Natasha just smirked. “And please, just stop trying to make Taylor and I get back together, okay?? It’s been months! We have broken up almost as long as we’ve been together. We’ve moved on.” At that time, Laura saw Taylor talking to some of their cast mates, laughing, and for a moment she couldn’t take her eyes off of her.

                “Then why are you two still fucking each other?? Huh?” That brought Laura back to Natasha. “Don’t tell me that’s just for your own pleasure because I sure know you can do that with other people. Hell, you’re Laura Prepon. And she’s Taylor Schilling. Every person in America wants to do it with you.”

                “What, you want me to just do it with some random person??”

                “Well, if you don’t like the idea of that, you can always do it with me.”

                “God Lyonne, what has gotten into you?? Are you really that desperate to get us back together again?? That you’re actually talking about us doing it??”