Chapter 19 - Scenes

"Come be my little spoon..."

Despite what she said, Piper actually didn't care if this wasn't being careful at all. The moment that smile formed on Alex's lips, she slowly made her way to her girl's bunk, lying with her back on her, obliging to become her 'little spoon."

"Gosh! Aww, how do you sleep in this thing?" She laid down and imagined how hard it must have been for Alex to sleep on that hard surface every damn night.

"Not well..." Alex put her arm on Piper's shoulder, almost chuckling. She then became serious, and decided to tell her how she felt about Piper deciding to tell Caputo the truth. "I am proud of you."

"Yeah?" Piper sounded surprised.

"Yeah." She gathered some of Piper's hair and swept them towards the back of her neck. "It was really brave. I mean, it was dumb..." she kissed the side of her neck, "...but brave." All the time, her arm was wrapped around Piper.

Piper was just smiling, listening to Laura, unsure if she was indeed describing her correctly. She then decided to face her. "You know, I don't think that anyone has ever used that word to describe me in the history of the universe."

Alex smiled as she fixed some hair tucked behind Piper's ear. "I'm glad we have each other in here, kid."

She was staring at her eyes, wondering how she was supposed to feel inside that prison. She should have been feeling like that place was sucking the life out of her, taking away all the great things she should've been doing outside those four walls. But she was fine. Just staring at Piper's eyes, she knew she always would, as long as she was there with her.

"Yeah, me too. I mean, I'd rather be on a beach in Tahiti but this is a..." Piper let out a very rare smile, a smile she only felt right whenever Alex was around, "...close second."

Piper stared back at Alex's eyes. They have gone through so much. They've been apart from each other for ten years. They have hurt each other more than they should have. But she kept wondering about one thing, and she voiced out this question inside her head.

"Why do you always feel so inevitable to me?"

At that point, Alex had no answer for that question. What she had was how she was feeling for the woman just inches from her, something that never really went away, as much as she would've denied that if this wasn't the case between them now. Despite all the bullshit and lies that are within their relationship, deep down, she really does love her.

But she had this thing about not showing so much vulnerability, even with Piper at times, so she couldn't exactly tell her that. Instead, she said the closest thing she thought could convey what she felt, "I heart you."

"You heart me?"

Alex laughed, trying to tone down the intimacy of that moment... that time where she admitted to Piper, and even to herself that she still loved her, and probably always will. "Yeah..."

"What is that? Is that like I love you for pussies?"

"Hmmmm..." she rubbed Piper's shoulder, as she chuckled. "Say pussy again."

Piper then again, smiled, feeling warmth spread across her chest. She couldn't stop looking at Alex's eyes, as if she could see her soul through them. Even if Alex tried to add some humor in it, all she felt at that time was how much she loved her, too.

Alex then closed the gap between them as she kissed her. She didn't care if anyone would see them. All she wanted was to make Piper feel how much she loved her. It was always easier for her to make her feel what she wanted to say, than actually say it herself.