Chapter 17: The Point of No Return

Kissing Eros is always amazing, but tonight is different, even if I can't put my finger on why

Kissing Eros is always amazing, but tonight is different, even if I can't put my finger on why. Not that I'm complaining. In the past, I've always felt a little like he's been holding back. With his arms around me and his lips on mine, he's embracing me with a fervor I don't know where it's coming from. There is no holding back now. Somehow, right now, he's all mine. No illusions. No oddness. No evasion.

I can tell he's been out drinking with his friend from the slight taste of alcohol, but it's not unpleasant and the smell combined with his very own fragrance that's just him is simply intoxicating.

His hands come up between us and undo the top buttons on my flannel pajamas, pushing the fabric to the side to allow him access to place hot, wet kisses against the sensitive spot where my neck meets my shoulder. I shiver, and I can feel him smiling against my skin. Then he bites me gently and I let out a gasp, surprised by how much I like it.

I close my eyes and allow the sensations of his touch to wash over me as he alternates between nibbling, biting, and kissing my neck. My hands lie limply against his chest, as I'm too caught up in the moment to do anything. Finally, he lifts his head and stares down at me, his eyes hooded. I still can't believe this sexy man wants me. Not that I'm about to remind him he's out of my league. This is far too good to risk him stopping.

His hands return to the buttons, undoing one more, enough to show a hint of my average-at-best cleavage. For a moment he hesitates, and I nod. Possibly somewhat jerkily. I'm not exactly the most suave person around, and I definitely feel outmatched in this activity. While not a virgin, my partners so far can be counted on one hand. Half a hand, if I'm honest. Eros, I suspect, doesn't have enough hands to count.

With a sexy smile, he continues unbuttoning my pajamas top and I suddenly feel shy. I've been shirtless around him before, but I've usually had a vest on underneath, or at least a bra. But I was ready for bed. Once this top is off, I'll be laid bare before him. And I definitely don't have a six-pack. The last button slides out of its hole and he takes a step back as he puts his hands on my shoulders—always so warm—and gently slides the garment off, letting it fall to the floor.

I fight the urge to cover myself with my arms, but the look on his face calms me. He steps close again and kisses me with a passion easily matching my own.

"You're beautiful," he whispers against my mouth and a spear of excitement shoots through me that this magnificent being finds me appealing.

"I'm sure you're used to models and absolute tens," I mumble self-consciously.

He lifts his head and gives me a stern look. "Never sell yourself short, Penelope. You're—" He stops himself, looking as if he doesn't quite know how to put what he's thinking into words. "I don't want to say you're special, because it's a bullshit thing to say. Everyone is special, or the world would be a dreary place full of identical huma—people." He gives me a crooked smile. "But you're special to me."

My face heats, and I tug on his shirt to bring his mouth back to mine. "Shut up and kiss me before I make a fool out of myself."

He chuckles against my lips and warmth washes over me, traveling through every fiber of my being until I feel warm and content in his arms. Sometimes I still get nervous around him, it's difficult not to when around such a handsome man, but more often than not I'm relaxed around him in a way I rarely am. I feel comfortable being myself. I feel at home.

My thoughts instantly disperse when his warm hand cups my breast, his thumb grazing over my nipple. When he bends down and replaces his hand with his mouth, a scorching fire chases through my veins. I moan as he sucks and nibbles, heat pooling between my thighs. Tonight is definitely different. He's always been careful not to go too far, but now it feels like nothing is far enough.

He takes his time, worshipping me with his lips and tongue, his hands caressing me with a reverence I doubt I deserve. I'm so lost in the moment I don't even notice when his shirt disappears, but I'm definitely loving the feeling of his feverishly hot skin against mine, the taut muscles under my hands as I run them along his back.

When he runs his hands down my back to cup my bottom and press me against him, all that I am hums in response. I let out a startled yelp as he surprises me by hoisting me up, and I instinctively wrap my legs around his waist to keep from falling. Not that he seems to struggle to hold me. The position pushes us even closer together, and I can feel the evidence of his desire against me, even through the layers of our trousers. Or pajamas bottoms in my case.

My arms lock around his shoulders. There's no way I'm getting dropped without him coming down with me. He seems to understand, as I can feel him smiling against my chest.

"I won't drop you."

"Probably not," I agree breathlessly. "But I'm not taking any chances."

He chuckles again; the sound reverberating through my body. I love how he makes me feel, and if I wasn't so distracted by him rubbing against me, I would probably worry that I might be falling for him. Falling hard. But no one has time to think right now. Not with my legs and arms wrapped around a sexy half-naked man.

His mouth finds mine again, his kisses stoking the fire in my blood even hotter. I'm not sure how much more of this I can take. I want him so much it hurts.

I pull away just enough so I can speak. "Eros?"

"Yes?" His voice is hoarse and I can feel his hot breath on my face.

"Are we still going slow?"

"Hell no!" The intensity of his reply makes me smile.

"Oh, good."

He turns his head to where Steve is sitting on the arm of my comfy chair, staring at us. "Would you mind if we go to the bedroom, though? I don't really want an audience. Especially not a judgemental one like that cat."

I laugh. "I'm happy with that decision."

"Good." With a final scowl towards Steve, he carries me into the bedroom and kicks the door shut behind us.

" With a final scowl towards Steve, he carries me into the bedroom and kicks the door shut behind us