BONUS Chapter: Halloween

Author's Note: I wasn't quite ready to stop writing about these two yet, so here's a little bonus chapter. This scene takes place between the last chapter and the epilogue.

I lock the door to my apartment and put the key in my pocket before walking across the hall to knock on Eros's door

I lock the door to my apartment and put the key in my pocket before walking across the hall to knock on Eros's door. The muffled sound of music and people talking echoes in the hallway. Eros has been really excited about the idea of hosting his first Halloween party, and by the sounds of it, it's going well. I'm a little late, as I had a late shift at the Vet clinic, but I'm finally ready.

It takes another moment before the door opens and I nearly choke on nothing as I catch sight of Eros. We've been dating for around four months now since he became mortal, and the time has done nothing to dull my attraction to him. He definitely kept every ounce of that otherworldly handsomeness. His choice of costume is doing nothing to lower my heart rate either.

I honestly don't know whether to laugh or jump his bones. Maybe both.

"A Cupid?" I grin. "You decided to go as a Cupid?"

He grins back and spins around to give me a good look. I still can't believe he did this. He's literally only wearing a cloth around his waist, like a loincloth or oversized diaper, and nothing else. Unless you count the little white wings and golden bow. I don't. I guess if you got it, flaunt it. And he's definitely got it. My fingers itch to run my hands over those amazing abs.

"You humans have very interesting ideas about what Cupids look like," he muses.

"Us humans now," I correct him teasingly.

"Us humans." He smiles and leans down to give me a warm kiss that instantly sets off a burst of flutters in my abdomen. I'm already ready for the guests to leave so we can have some time alone. He looks me up and down. "Are you coming as Steve?"

I grin. "Yes."

The large onesie I'm wearing has a cat tail, and the hood has a cat face and ears. I knew I had to have it the moment I laid eyes on it. The cat's facial expression is the same grumpy, disapproving one that usually adorns Steve's.

"Definitely scary enough," he mutters, but amusement softens the disgruntled look on his face.

He ushers me inside, and I'm impressed by the look of his apartment. There are cobwebs with plastic spiders covering large portions of his walls, lit jack-o'-lanterns on every surface, and more random Halloween decorations than what's left in most stores by now.

Coming up behind me, he wraps his naked arms around me and leans his chin on my shoulder. "Too much?"

"No, just enough." My stomach growls, and I turn my head to give him a sheepish smile. "Sorry, I didn't have time to eat. I got changed as soon as I got home from work. Do you have any food?"

"On the kitchen counter." He herds me towards the kitchen, weaving us between the guests. There are more than I had realized. His hands on my hips are warm through the fabric of the onesie, and I'm glad I put nothing on underneath other than underwear. I'd be roasting.