Holy Swag

Venom had glided into the churches highest window from the castle.

Looking around they appeared in a library. 'Grab everything that isn't nailed down and load it into the shield.'

Naofumi grabbed a book and put it over the gem.

Library Shield Unlocked

Effect: Unlocks 'Documents' menu

Equip Effect: Book Save

Can restore damaged scrolls/Books at the cost of a full bar of Mana.

The two grinned a one another and the room was cleared.

Sneaking through the levels, avoiding guards and acolytes and keeping track of everything that seemed important.

An hourglass in the middle of the main room was guarded.

'Pop goes the weasel?'

'In an out. No death. 100% loot.'

The ooze attached to a priest and seeped into their head. 'Well a hidden room in the basement?'

"Wha?" The acolyte started but was flooded with melatonin.

"We'll take the wheel for now." As the sludge seeped into them. The shield covered in slime to conceal it.

The basement, where the money and an unknown item in a box, had been booby trapped against robbers so venom had jumped to a corner of the room hiding behind the door as the blast alerted the church.

Sneaking out on the ceiling and moving towards the the final prize...the Dragon Hourglass.

'Sleep with one eye open...gripping your pillow tight.' Venom and Naofumi thought as the sand was loaded into shield along with a few vials.

A tendrils slowly reached down and scooped up the sand.

Shield locked [level 50]

'Exit light...' the two sung in their head as they left in the panic as an army of royal knights were looking around.

The Black Goo climbed to a window and flew off the roof.

"Off to never never land!" The pair shouted when they made it back to the room waking up the heros.

"Dude it's still night!" Motoyasu said.

"Five more minutes mommy." Itsuki said rolling over.

Ren just groaned and covered his face with a pillow.

"Wake up snacks I got some swag to split." Venom said.

The three got up begrudgingly and the loot was given out.

"Dude this is end game shit!" Motoyasu said holding up the holy water.

"Why are you just...giving this to us?" Itsuki asked.

"Professionals have standards." Naofumi said "I'm paying it forward for the info."

"Thanks man." Motoyasu said.

Venom was busy looking through the documents. "Strange. I can't read this."

"If a book is important it will show up on the HUD." Ren waved it off.

"No if we're gonna be here knowing what the damn signs say is kinda needed." Venom said getting closer to the sword hero.

"Why?" Itsuki asked.

"Ok... look at it...like Easter eggs." Naofumi said "If the developers put something only accessible if you know how to read the language then you can't get it without it. That make sense?"

"Yeah but why would we care?" Itsuki asked.

"Dude. If it's difficult to find and requires effort to get..." Motoyasu started.

"Then it's probably a high value item or weapon." Ren said.

"Exactly. Now here's the plan tomorrow." Venom started "Don't let anyone split the 4 of us up until we're finished exploring. Let the noob get a tutorial Alright?"

"Fiiinne." Ren whined "Can we go back to bed?"

"Yeah I need my 2 hours." Naofumi said finding a spot on the ceiling over the doorway.

"Uh?" Motoyasu started.

"Strategic position. Anyone bursts in we can jump em." Venom said shifting to look as if he was part of the wall.

The 4 went to sleep and venom looked out towards the church's panicked followers.