~ I Wish It Was Me ~

Chapter 26 ~

Taehyung POV,

"You're safe," I whispered, those were the only words that felt right at that moment, I could feel it in my gut that she needed to hear them. I wrapped my arms around her tighter practically shoving her face into my chest, the familiar scent of her hair lingered in my nose, it made me feel at ease, not only that but also the fact that y/n was safely wrapped in my arms.

She cried some more as I stroked the back of her head, "Tae," she barely got out in between sobs, "hm," I hummed in response, "it really hurts," she confessed making my heartache, it felt as if my heart was being squeezed, I couldn't imagine how hard it must have been for her to come back as if nothing had happened, you could easily tell how exhausted she must have been to cry out in such a way.

Author POV,

His heart ached to see the girl he deeply loved, yes, loved. now he has come to terms with his feelings, it wasn't just a mere crush nor a like, no, it was love. The love he saw in movies, the love he read in books, that night Kim Taehyung knew with all his heart that the girl in his arms has his heart in her hands and that one word from her could break him.

A few tears fell down his cheeks after hearing her cry for help, the feeling of her shaking in his chest made a lump form in his throat, he placed his hand gently on her chin forcing her head up to face him, their faces were an inch away, he cupped her cheeks with his hands wiping the tears away with his thumbs as more fell from her eyes, her lips were twitching as she sniffled trying her best to keep eye contact with him.

"I wish it was me who feels the pain and not you," he said forcing her face forward and kissing her forehead then placed his forehead against hers, "I wish I could take all the pain away..." he lastly whispered...

~ after 10 minutes ~

Y/n finally calmed down, her eyes were still puffy from crying, she didn't want to go inside the house and make the guys worried so she decided to leave, "you should stay the night," Taehyung practically begged, he didn't want her out of his sight, "I have work tomorrow, plus we will see each other this weekend," she said with a smile as she was about to get into her car, "do you really have to go?" He asked taking her hand in his and caressing it with his thumb.

"Yes, I have a lot of work to catch up on," she explained allowing him to take her other hand, he held both her hands playing with them a little, they were warm she thought, before lifting them up to his face and kissing them, her cheeks flushed a deep shade of red, he couldn't tell if she was flustered or if it was just the cold wind making her change color.

"drive safely and text me when you arrive," he said releasing her hands, they felt cold again she thought, he took off his scarf that he had on and wrapped it around her neck, "it's cold this time of year, you should wear more clothes I don't want you catching a cold," he scolded pinching her pink nose, " if I catch a cold would you take care of me?" She asked, "yes I will take care of you until you're all better," he replied with a warm smile, they stood there for a few seconds looking into each other's eyes with so much longing and love before y/n looked down at her feet and smiled.

"Then I'll wish to get sick," she confessed and he just smiled even more warmly, the cold wind had no effect on them at that moment, for their hearts were filled with so much warmth, "I should go," she said before getting into her car then pulling her car window down, " thank you for tonight," she said the warm feeling in her chest expanding with every passing second, she knew that it was because of him she could finally sleep peacefully tonight, he smiled, "And thank you for coming home,".

She finally drove off seeing him wave in her rare view mirror, she has no idea how her life could have been if he hadn't been here for her.

~ skip to the weekend ~