8. Silently dying inside while pretending your ok is a mood

╔═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╗

╚═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╝

╚═════ஓ๑♡๑ஓ═════╝

David Bowie adjusted well to the house and especially with you, Kira and Doppio as he explored his new home. The small cat would constantly curl up on your lap whenever you sat down, nuzzle his head in Pucci's leg when the priest walked past and even seemed to bring Diego rocks that the man would then snack on. It was a bit weird, but you didn't really question it much especially considering you've seen even more worried stuff than a more than average cat.....but kars and Valentine remained curious and suspicious of the cat that seemed to give them sly smirks.

The Damn feline seemed to be playing with them, constantly giving them that little smirk while he "accidentally" dug his claws too deep into their hands or "accidentally" hid their new clothes. Valentine was almost ready to send the damn thing to a new dimension when the feline tried to destroy his prized handkerchief. Kars, on the other hand, was confused, he was the ultimate being, normally animals would be receptive to him yet the cat seemed to dislike him with a passion along with Valentine. For now, neither of them could do much, they would have to deal with the cat's tricks and games but eventually, they hoped to at least have the cat not actively hate both of them...and possibly figure out if the cat had a possible stand that would explain its intelligence.

As of now other than the cat's introduction into the home it was peaceful, things had settled in a comfortable calm that none of your housemates ever really experienced before. It was nice, they all had to admit that it was something they all could get used to especially since things were simpler than when they were alive. Valentine had no worry of paperwork or working to better his country, Pucci could finally be with the man he admired, Diego despite missing silver bullet could go on happy with just spending his days in the garden eating...rocks (you preferred not to judge) and even DIO of all people seemed at ease. You guessed it was partially due to you being there but he was content nonetheless.

Everything was fine
Everything was good
Everything was perfect

Except beneath the surface of your smile, you felt yourself crumble away a bit because of what you saw this seemingly perfect morning

You woke up happy with not much in mind to do today, maybe go through the garden and deliver some stuff to Matt, just the usual. You grabbed your phone and unlocked it, you were gonna check out YouTube but then decide to see what Twitter had in-store today. You weren't really sure why you even had Twitter considering how much stuff went on there, but, sometimes it had good things in store. Didn't seem like much happened yet, that was at least good-....you stopped and suddenly found yourself staring down at a picture.

You ex.....sitting at the spot you used to have frequent dates at with his new girlfriend whom he cheated on you with for months (you weren't mad at her yet you couldn't help but feel a bit bitter at seeing her lovesick expression). Tears swell up in your eyes at seeing them, they both looked so happy together, like they were made for one another. Her cheeks were rosy pink as he placed his head on her shoulder (just like he did with you) while he grinned that damn grin. Your hands gripped the phone tightly before you turned it off and placed it on the bedside table, you let out a shaky breath and then whip away the tears.