15

Jay was slouched in the seat with his eyes closed but I knew he wasn't asleep, just exhausted. I undid the ropes holding him to the wooden chair.

"Jay, I am going to move you to my room, you will have to help a bit though." I said to him, he grunted in response. I put his arm round my neck and my one arm holding his, the other round his waist pulling him up. Luckily he could walk and just had to lean on me. We walked through the passageway and struggled up the stairs out of the trap door, luckily I could hear that everyone was in the kitchen eating dinner, nice to know they waited for me, dinner is the last thing I should be thinking about right now.
"Right Jay, we have flights if stairs now, this will be hard but i'll get you up."
One of his legs had been more damaged than the other. He managed to lean on me and pull himself up with his other leg, after we had got up the first flight, i heard foot steps behind me, I turned to look and saw it was Finn, straight away i looked ahead.
"So you got him?" I heard Finn say in a spiteful tone. I ignored him and he went silent, then added, "do you wanna 'and with 'im?" he asked his tone less spiteful this time, but i still ignored him, I started to walk over to the stairs with Jay, then felt some of the weight leave me I realised this was Finn and looked at him to scowl.
"Finley misses you." Finn said between getting up the steps.
"Look, if your helping then just... Just stop talking to me okay?" I replied between strained breaths.
"Well why do you think I'm helping you then?" He asked his tone was getting more impatient.
" oh I don't know, maybe I thought that you were different to your psycho brothers" my voice was raising , but at this point I couldn't care less if anyone heard.
"Well I'm not, this whole thing" he held his hand in Jay's direction, "is just business, you need to understand that, you knew before you came what we do, if you don't like that... just stay away from it." He unwrapped Jay's arm from around his shoulders and left us both at the top of the stairs.