11

It was mainly me making the conversation and Jay replying with 'yes' or 'no' or just laughing, i guess its because he is really shy. Bless him. And then he gathered up enough courage to ask me a question.

"So how did you manage to get lost." Still not looking me in the eyes.

"Mainly boy troubles but also because i just moved here from the country." i half smiled, i could honestly fall asleep on one of these sofas it was super comfy and full of plush cushions and throws.

"oh, you wanna talk 'bout it?" He asked gaining more confidence.

"nah its kay" he just nodded and looked down to his hands awkwardly. Just then there was a hurried knock on the door, we both got up and walked over, he opened it and as i expected it was both Sammy and Tommy, i hugged them both.

"thank God your alright!" Tommy exclaimed breathlessly.

"Im okay." I said even though he didn't exactly ask me.

"Good good, there's a cab waiting outside come on, thanks boy" Tommy said bowing his peaky blinder cap and walking out, with Sammy following, i didn't follow straight away, because i needed to say thank you before i left.

"thanks jay, i don't what i would have done without you!" I thanked.

"Well you probably would have found another house with a telephone." he joked, it was the first time he had made a joke so i purposefully laughed a bit too much and then stood up on my tip toes to lightly kiss him on the cheek and skipped out of the door quickly glancing one last to a bright red Jay and ran into the cab.