Part 19

The windowsill had seen what most of the world still didn't know the existence of, Manik Malhotra's tears.

He had spent countless hours regretting his thoughtless actions and stupid decisions and missing the only person who knew how to take his pain away at this very spot. Like all those times, he still clutched the pen-drive she had left with them. It was the only thing he had of hers, and also a constant reminder of how he was a monster to the most selfless and righteous girl he would ever know. The events after Musicana was painfully tattooed in his memories like a carving.

He never realised that the last time he saw her could be the last and that he would never get the chance to apologise to her, to take back every horrible lie he said to her, to explain everything to her, to ask for a second chance.

After that day, Nandini wasn't seen in the College for the next week between which, Sneha had called FAB5 to the city outskirts at her previous office to offer them an album contract. During this trip, his friends notice his more than usual silent behaviour and were just scared to approach him. Sneha had asked him if he had the chance to talk to Nandini, but he could only tell her that he was waiting for a chance since she blocked his number and wouldn't answer any of his friends' as well.

Navya had called Mukti, on the 10th day after Musicana, panicking that she might be pregnant, making the latter pack up her bags and leave with Alya and Dhruv while he and Cabir stayed back to finish up with the contract paperwork for another 2 days. On the next night, being alone, Cabir managed to get the truth out of him. He saw the disappointment and ridicule on his friend's face and wanted to shrink in shame, but the next second, Cabir proved why he was Manik's best friend by understanding his stupid thought process immediately. He finally understood that his decision wronged Nandini the most who wasn't given a choice in her own life decisions because of his immaturity and rash thinking. That night, he vowed to explain everything to her and clear everything with Dhruv as well while Cabir offered his support and encouragement and left for their home(Cabir temporarily staying with Manik then) the next morning.  But they weren't prepared for the events that were about to happen as they immediately got ready and left for S.P.A.C.E.

They were about to split up and look for Nandini when they received news about the other missing person through text: Harshad.

*Navya had been extremely scared when she missed her period by 4 days and was convinced that she was already pregnant. Her fear even convinced Mukti who rushed to help, completely unaware of the details of Navya and Harshad's physical intimacy. Alya and Mukti tried to convince Navya that it was probably just a hormone imbalance or something but being completely unaware of the subject due to improper sex education, she would not relent and was completely convinced that she was going to become a mother in 9 months. So to calm her down and reassure her, they got her an appointment with a gynaecologist. She sent her report to Mukti who brought it for Navya which mistakenly landed in Harshad's hands who lost all brain and senses and decided to confront Navya without even reading the results.

It was at this scene when Manik and Cabir reached the abandoned Green room where Harshad dragged Navya and Mukti managed to follow them alerting her friends on the way.

Alya and Dhruv reached not a minute later and stood stunned hearing the venom Harshad was pouring out.

"Don't you dare even think about bringing such an abomination to the world. I will not have you destroying my life like that even if I have to take care of it myself. I swear, I will kill........"

Alya's eyes widened as she heard the words her brother was saying about his own possible child.

"BHAI!!"

Everyone was brought out of the trance they had gone in with Alya's stern shout accompanied by the sound of the door being pushed open as she  barged in with her friends following her the next second.